Statcounter

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Can Success Be Built On Theories Alone?

I should include this in my last post, but let’s make a new one. If you want to be a good boss, what is your first step? Go to the library and look for the books that titled something like, “10 Steps To Be A Good Boss”. Oh, so let’s say I finish reading the book in one day, can I be a good boss the next day?

“Gotta Be Freaking Kidding Me.”

First of all, I must say that I love reading so much. I have gone through books that give me the instructions of how to be this, how to do that…It’s typical on how they do it. I am not anyway smart, but one day I just realized that I find it all so amusing. I just feel that you can’t teach someone how to be a good boss merely by theories alone. My goodness!!

With this kind of thinking that I wear, imagine how I would react when something like this happens to me. Hear this.

A guy was passing by my workplace and he looked around. He stopped and gave that cynical smile. A sarcastic smile that annoyed the hell out of me. He asked me few questions about my work and I answered. He started to give that “I’m a genius” look and then he started complaining. He said from how I do my work, he could tell that I’m lack in a few things. He said that it seems to him that from the 3 qualities that I should have, I only have 1. He said that from his bare eyes, I could be a lazy and shy person – which is not so good for my line of work. Yes people, you heard me right. He just stood there and he could define my character as if he knew me all my life? Do you guys remember the professional psychic that dropped by my workplace? Aha, and this guy is another thing. It pissed me off when you just come to me and started to define my characters as if you knew me my whole life. Thank you for thinking that I am that stupid. Thank you!!!

(Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaha)

Because I felt “challenged” by his words, I stopped doing my work and concentrate on him talking. “What did you say?” You said I’m lazy and shy? He said, according to the theory of “-the hell I care-”, I must have those 3 qualities to succeed. Ahaa, you think I’m just gonna let him smash me? He doesn’t even know my freaking name. I don’t even care to know his name!! So what makes he think he knows so much about how I do my work just because “– I’m the facilitator for marketing courses that motivates people how to succeed in their job- Wuteva!!!”? So, I got his point. Maybe he was finding the way to let me feel that I need to attend the course that he facilitates. STUPID!! (*Lols) You don’t have to come up with irritating remarks to make people come to your course, you idiotz!! I was a bit mad at that time because he was trying to teach me something in the most “impolite” ways. By telling me my weaknesses that he could tell in the glimpse of eyes. Gotta be kidding me!!! Then I replied him. Oh, so according to the theory that you read in some books, I don’t have those 2 qualities and that I won’t succeed?

And what made me got a little bit more mad, he pointed at one of my works and said, “Actually, you don’t need anything like that if you have the qualities.” Whoaaaa…STOP IT!!! NOW IT’S MY TURN TO SPEAK!!!!!!

(*Lols)

Then I said, OK…So some freaking theory tells you so, right? I can meet that qualities you want and still be a loser. You understand? Something like this is common sense. No theories or anything that can make you succeed in your work because you can teach anybody in the classroom how to be a good worker, but at the end on the day, it’s the HANDS-ON that produce the result. Not the freaking theories. I’m not fond of those theories. I don’t even care what they say. To me it’s the reality that matters. Who cares about the 3 qualities if I can get my job done according to the purpose? If my customers are satisfied are pleased by the results? Can YOUR theories confirm all that?

So, he kept giving that cynical smile that really pissed me off. Omigawd, did he think I’m that stupid or what? So after that he kept saying some of the marketing knowledge that I already know. I forgot to let him know!!!

“Actually, I took an extra course on Sales & Marketing so I know all those theories already. I scored very well in this course so at least I have the right to speak my opinion that it’s all goes back to “common sense”. Actually, you CAN’T teach anybody how to succeed. It’s for the person to find his own way how to succeed in his own work scenario. This is not something you can learn in the classroom. It only gives you the guidance but the rest is up to you.”

At this point, he actually got a bit embarrassed when the more I talked, the more he knew that I actually know “quite a lot”. You know ka the theory, “Hari2 u kasi itu orang makan ikan masin, dia boring juga kan? Kan bagus u kasi itu orang joran. Dia boleh pegi fishing sendiri and boleh berdikari,” Haaa, this is the “genius line” that the man gave me. I listened to this line back in school la!!!! Why, you think I’m gonna give you a Nobel award for “introducing” me to the smartest line mankind has ever created???

(Hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sorry guys. My gawd, I couldn’t help it!!)

Guys, maybe this is strange to you. But I actually believe that no matter what kind of job you are doing now, you can actually come up with your own theory on how to succeed in what you’re doing. YOU CAN SET THE TREND, that’s my point. So if Donald Trump is a successful boss because he’s using let’s say 10 steps, it doesn’t mean I can use his steps and fit into my own and then be a successful boss too. This is so subjective and abstract. Donald Trump is successful using his theory because it fits his surroundings and circumstances, background and many2 other things. We have our own unique life and you can’t simply photocopy someone else’s theory and expect to produce the same result. So not just because some freaking book tells you that, “If you find someone sitting at the chair by the time you reach the person’s workplace, that person must be lazy and shy.”

S.T.U.P.I.D!!!!

(*Lols).

Why ba u so mad ni, 256? Why ba niii? (*giggles)

Sebab…itu orang tidak tau apa2 pun macamana sia kerja ba. Itu orang tidak tau apa stress sia, apa problem sia, atau apa2 hal berkaitan hidup sia. You jangan simply datang and kasi sia satu hukuman ikut sedap mata dia saja. Kalau kau begitu hebat ahh, kau tidak jalan2 looking around as if you don’t have better things to do, and simply tell people benda2 mcm tu yang UNFAIR untuk orang just terima macam tu saja. Kalau kawan baik sia yang cakap sia ni pemalas, sia terima. Sebab sia tau dia kenal sia dan dia ada reason cakap sia mcm tu. Nda kisah la kalau kau baru balik dari pertapaan di Gunung Tahan, sia peduli apaa. There’s no way you can tell how a person is until you know the person long enough.

YESS~!! Emotional pun emotional laa…sepa suruh, bikin sia geram sana!!!!

(Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha)

Lucu kan guysss… *Lols.

Okay, I’m done mumbling. That’s behind me now. Let’s have fun in the next posts!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets make this comment sweet and simple..

Good boss for me is he/she was once in a same par as we are. they know exactly the problem that his/her staff encountered and try to solve it together. x peduli la mo buat meeting ka, morning prayer ka, evening prayer ka.. important is the boss must has this sense of being an employee.. hahaha..

tp klu dpt boss yg bgs, jgn la bah mo naik kapala. tu terlebih plak tu. hahaha.

Twofivesix256 said...

Anonymous...agREE :)