Statcounter

Friday, December 26, 2008

My 2008 Christmas Experience

Christmas Tree

I set up this Christmas a month earlier. A Christmas tree is A MUST to bring the Christmas mood. Like what I told some of my friends, the keyword is LOVELY. Anyway, I don't put much effort in decoration this year. As long as it looks good enough, that's all that matters.

Christmas Mass (Eve)

All the years before, we sometimes came too late that sometimes we got to stand the whole mass. This year, we set the record for being the first one to enter the church yard. We almost thought the church didn’t have a mass because there was NO one there other than us. Than you imagine how early we got there. *giggles. We were so happy because we got to sit where we wanted and the choir was pretty good too. Most importantly, the Father gave a very good sermon that made me think so so deep. Thanks for the sharing, Father. It gave a lot of meaning to my Christmas.

Christmas SMS

As soon as I got in the car after the mass and turned on my phone, the SMS started to come in. I was like, wow…is this a sms marathon or what? I read each SMS and I didn’t reply right away. I told my sister that I would reply after getting the 15th Christmas wish through SMS. I got confused because there are numbers that I don’t recognise – thanks to my lost phone. They could be an old friend, customer or relatives…who knows? I usually demand to know who the sender of the sms before I reply so I know what to reply. Anyway, if anyone of you who sent me sms and didn’t get a reply, I’m really sorry. I must have lost you from my phonebook! Try sms me again this New Year and don’t forget to include your name, okay? Muahsss…thanks anyway!

Christmas Cake

This is only the normal fruit cake with fresh cream. I didn’t like it that much because I was more to chocolate. Anyway, thank God we have a cake for Christmas!

Christmas Dinner

After a day at home eating many kinds of foods, we had very less space for another big dinner. It was a big dinner because the foods taste good to our tongue but we really couldn’t take them anymore after a few servings. Luckily “tapau-ing” is very common in the restaurant so they tapau the foods for us. We brought with us 6 tapau with 2 containers of shark fins soup.

Christmas Gift

This is the kind of gift that someone would give me if the person knows WHAT I LIKE. *Lols. It must be cute and maybe funny too…something that tickles me from inside. This is one of the gifts that I like the most for this Christmas. And the best thing about this is that let it be damn cute and I don’t care how cheap it costs!! I will still love it so so much! *giggles.

My Conclusion:

Guys…I think I’m getting closer to the MEANINGFUL CHRISTMAS that I always wish for. Honestly speaking, all the Christmas before, I tried so so hard to make the Christmas a happy one, but I always failed. I always ended up feeling so empty and thought that my Christmas was over before it even began.

This year…I discover a few things…

We don’t have to try so so hard to make sure the Christmas is going to be a happy day cos the more you try, the higher your expectation is, and that’s how you get farther from reaching it. You can’t force happiness to appear cos happiness is NOT a material that you can touch or buy. It’s felt by the heart and after all, happiness is a DECISION..

This Christmas, I initially cared so much about the superficial things – clothes, hairdo etc. I did it for me because I wanted to feel good about myself. But I don’t put too much thoughts on them on how they can affect my Christmas. I was really letting loose of myself from the expectation to get the best Christmas. I just went with the flow and enjoy what was in front of me. And I can tell you that, as I am writing this, I have this delight inside my heart. The simple Christmas that I mostly spent watching a few Christmas movies on Hallmark channel, eating the favourite dish that I would cook on normal days, took a short nap and had chats and laughs with my family – YES, you get me. “The little time that shared with the family” is what brought the delight that I almost couldn’t explain. Taking pictures and commenting on each other’s clothes, exchanging jokes and teases, and most importantly, THE TIME THAT YOU GUYS CAN SPEND LAUGHING TOGETHER.

Realising ONCE AGAIN that you have these wonderful people with you is actually the magical moments that can happen anytime IF YOU CARE enough to appreciate their presence in your life. The people who never leave your side even during the hard times when your own bestfriend or lover dumped you for the silliest reason. THEY ARE THE BLESSINGS in our lives.

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS and you will experience LOVE and if you can do all those, the magic will unfold itself to you and before you know, that HAPPINESS is already happening inside you.

No comments: