Statcounter

Saturday, December 20, 2008

DKNY or ONKY, PUMA or POMA, ESPRIT or ESPIRIT?

*Lols. Gotcha! Yeah…all those funny-spelling-derived-from-famous-brands are sometimes purposely making us laugh. At least, they are not punishable under the infringement of copyright or anything that against the law. But seriously, do you guys go for imitations? Or are you one of those slaves of the big brands? – “SORRY, ORIGINAL ONLY PLEASE.”
I have to say that I AM NOT into branded materials. The fact that I know how hard it is to earn money, it’s not possible for me to waste money just to be on par with the likes of Paris Hilton. Hahahahahahaha. Really guys. Don’t you find it tiring? Yeah I mean, you don’t have to buy POMA and act like you’re wearing the original PUMA…There is always this alternatives PUMA that gonna cost you RM15 at most. *Lols.
Trust me I tried, but it still fails to convince me that going for original brands actually WORTH IT. Let’s say, if I were rich, would I go for original brands? I would say, WHY NOT? Of course I would answer something like that if I WERE rich – but HOW RICH? I think, if I were rich enough to pour money like it’s some piece of useless paper, then I think WHY NOT waste the money to buy the originals. Yeah, now you’re thinking. The range of expensive brands is meant for the super-duper rich people who have run out of idea how to spend their money. I mean, yes, you can be the follower of the big brands too! Nothing is wrong with that! But are you telling me now that it’s not burdening you? Oh…come on. If you’re still thinking twice about having your lunch at KFC or some mamak stall, I bet you’re still under the category who count on the ringgits that you are spending. Now, thinking again. Is it worth it?
One of my brothers and also some of the friends that I know – are the slaves of the big brands. I saw it how they struggle to keep in pace with this lifestyle, especially those whose money are hard-earned. I sometimes find some of these people kinda irritating because they don’t just buy branded items to their on comfort, but they use it to show to people that they are the people from a different level. Get what I mean? Okay, nevermind about that. Yes I KNOW guys. Branded items last longer and they are made from quality materials. Like people always say, “This shirt is going to last for years.” One question I want to ask you,
“Are you sure you want to wear this same t-shirt for at least another 2 years?” I am asking you! If you ask me, I’d say, WHY NOT! I would be happy to wear the same shirt for years – cos you know I’m tight on money. But what about you? You can buy a Nike t-shirt for hundreds ringgit and do you think you want people to see you with that damn shirt for another 2 years? People like you WON’T want to do something like that. That’s a form of degradation, right? Hahahahahahaha. Now you’re thinking.
Want to know the funny things behind impressions? I remember buying some bell-bottom jeans for RM39, and I had been wearing it for years. It was my favourite pair of jeans. Back in university, I remember sitting at the bench wearing those jeans. This one rich gal saw me and shouted at me, “Hey those jeans are lovely. What brand is that?” I blushed, because the jeans were unbranded and it only cost me RM39. *Lols. So I said, No la, biasa2 only. Hahahahahahahaha. But she showed me the upset expression that she thought I didn’t want to share it, afraid that she would get one too. Hahahahaha. Now, that’s a free compliment for someone who is not spending much on a pair of lovely unbranded jeans. *Grins.
I remember my friend told me (and she is one of those brand slaves). If people know that you’re into branded items, when you suddenly wear an imitation, people will NOT notice it. But if you’re known to be someone who wear unbranded items, you can wear any original branded items but people will still think you’re wearing imitation. How unfair!
So, to this day, I will never have to worry about brands. I only have to make sure I look good in what I wear, and maybe make some brand slaves think that I am one of them. *Lols. You only need to build on your confidence and how you bring yourself in public, be proud of who you are and care less about what people say – Trust me…this alone can do a lot and much more. No, no. It’s not about deceiving people to believe that you are something you’re not, but it’s about making a point that IT’S MORE THAN JUST wearing big brands my dear friends. These impression thingy is overrated. Go to the bottom of it, FEEL GOOD AND YOU’LL LOOK GOOD. Branded or not.

No comments: