Statcounter

Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Lucky Flower

My mom loves to grow this one plant that some people refer as the Fengshui plant. The plant consists of all long green leaves and nothing else. I used to see this plant around the house because my mom loves the plant. She even ties red ribbons on them. *giggles. Another thing about the plant is that, it is easy to keep. When any of the leaves got dried and turns brown, you can simply pluck out the dried leaves without affecting the rest. The leaves can grow taller and taller that some them even reached the ceiling of our home.

I remember a few years back. The location was in our old house. The plants were put at the balcony. My first brother was the one who saw it first. Never in our lives that far that we saw the leafy plants actually produces flower!! Really. I actually took the picture of the plant before anything happened to it! We called our parents and told them about it, and they asked us to CUT OFF THE FLOWER!! I think, my brother did just that and brought the flower back to the other home where my parents were at that time.

That nite, I remember having a conversation with my sister. Yes, about the flower! The argument was: SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT THE FLOWER BEING CUT OFF FROM THE PLANT?

My stand: NO

My sister’s stand: YES

I remember that I shouted at my sister. NO! We should leave it there! My sister shouted otherwise. We had almost an hour of exchanging debates. *lols

The flower comes from the plant. It’s VERY RARE and it’s a moment we should appreciate. After all the amazement, should they just cut the flower off and keep it elsewhere? The old belief says that this will bring good luck to the owner. But I kept on saying...from the point of view of the plant, it’s NOT GOOD! Because the plant is also a living thing. If you cut it when it’s still fresh and blooming, it’s like killing it! The aim is to let the MAGIC lives longer. That’s my point. Why kill it!!! Let it stay where it belongs! If it gets dried, then maybe we can cut it and keep it by then. But why cut it when the magic is still happening? Let the flower reign there as long as it can! We don’t know if the flower can grow bigger or change colour. Am I correct?

My sister’s stand is actually more popular. She said that since it’s rare, we should cut it off immediately and keep it in a special place. That’s how it can bring good luck to the owner, depending on one’s belief. We don’t have to let it stay there and saw it die like it’s just like some ordinary flower. Since it’s special, treat it special.

Oh well…by cutting it off?? Gotta be kidding me!!!! Hahahahahahahahhahaha.

Now you see that people have different ways of seeing things. I actually find some logics behind my sister’s stand. After all said and done, my parents actually agreed with my sister; because even before we had the debate, the flower was already cut off and given to my parents. Since that we were not staying in the house where the plant was for at least a few days after, it was actually the best thing to do so that we could bring the flower with us to the other home. But seriously, speaking of this in general, I would love to see the flower grow and I would only cut it off once it gets dried. I hate to kill something that meant to live, you get me? So I don’t simply talk empty. Popular or not popular, I speak for a reason. I don’t care to be different, but hey…if I do just that, I actually let a lucky flower lives longer, right? Even the lucky flower would nod at me for fighting for its right! *Lols.

Why I call it Lucky Flower? Because that’s how I want to believe it. My whole family also refer it as the lucky flower but they didn’t put much thought into it like I did. I put my whole energy to believing that the flower is lucky…and YES…something good happened to me that year. Of course it was only coincidence. But like I told you, sometimes I choose to be superstitious. The lucky flower gave me hope that something great gonna come my way that year, and finally it became true. It’s all how we see things, right? Maybe because of the little hope that I got from the lucky flower, I worked harder and I made more effort, and that’s why I achieved something great. At least, the lucky flower did a little wonder on motivating me. There’s nothing wrong, right? After all, we know that everything that we achieve, it’s all God’s work. I love it how He does it. Love it :)

No comments: