Statcounter

Monday, January 25, 2010

Part II: Online Identity: WHY?

Continuation from Part I
And then, not long after that, someone else smashed me in public channel – the least that I expect this figure was also tired of seeing my secrecy? And said, At least you let me know your job ba. Why do you have to pretend? (That it not to mention that he said I shouldn't be too cunning and playful) – Suddenly something knocked me, I almost burst out laughing – I’m Under WHAT LAW that I must tell you my job? And Why people are sometimes TOO UPSET when certain people are not generous about their personal details? I mean, ASK YOURSELF “WHY” are you upset in the first place. If you are one of my relatives or the person that I walk the aisle with, you HAVE the right to be upset why you still don’t know my job or my last 4-digit IC number. But we are talking about the Freaking CYBER so called –virtual world here, people. Think again if it’s even right to react how you have reacted towards these anonymous figures.

And I should mention this earlier that, on Dec 2008, I received another phonecall coming from a person I know from virtual world, who was the first one who got access to me. Maybe he got too excited to show off to other chatters that he got what other chatters don't, so he said this “[256], We are going to go out.” I said, “What do you mean?” He said, “I’m going to Expose you, and also me for the chatters to see.” Then I said, “Why do you have to include me? I’m not part of you guys.” He said, “Yes [256], you’re one of us!” Then I said, “I’m not giving my permission. What, do you think this is a political association or something? We are just an IRC community here. Which law from which planet are you using? Enuff! If you want to expose yourself, go ahead. Don’t decide for other people.” I hate it when someone is using my friendship to show others that he's the hero. And then blackmail me something like "You make one wrong move, I'm going to expose you." Sheittt laaa! (Hahahahaha :PPP. Okay, I said that while I'm using pokemon mask. *Lols)

Suddenly this cyberworld is making another stress-demon for me. WHY? A recent chat that I had with a chatter who first knows me from my blog – said to me. “I’m not hiding [256]. It’s you who are hiding.” I don’t know why I feel that it’s not quite right. I said to him, Geez, why people think I’m hiding? Look, I had enough of this. Do you guys realize something?

It’s because of your freaking expectation that makes it look like I’m hiding. Do you see that??? Only when you expect TOO MUCH from me that you think I’m hiding. Only when you expect to KNOW EVERYTHING about me that you think I’m being secretive. It’s your right to feel “Oh, I wish she could open up more about herself” but you have no right to smash me that you want to know This Much and I only offer you That Much. I mean, you and your rights – me and my rights. Or is it only you who have rights?

Why people make it look like I’m doing something wrong because I’m using my freaking online identity? As far as I know, some people enjoy chatting with me, some people enjoy my blog, EVEN IF they only know me by my nick. Cos now you realize that in this virtual world, WHAT I can offer and share with you guys in the boundary of virtual world (that if, If I go offline, I’m back to reality) is ALL and THE BEST that this virtual world can give to us. We are here to have fun and rest from our reality stress. You don’t have to CARE or GET HURT why that stupid [256] is not sharing people her house address? Damn, care about your spouse or your in laws or your brother or your mistress or ANYONE you want – but don’t bother and spend sleepless nite BLAMING and CURSING me – damn that girl…At least she tell me her last name!!! I think she should go to hell for using such an irritating online identity!! Ouch, you guys didn't just curse at me, did you? (*Lols)

Come on…I’m trying to correct something. This isn’t just about me. I’m taking myself as an example only cos I think I have received the side impact of using online identity. As a matter of fact, I’m sorry to say that I am NOT that anonymous actually. Stop this hype as if I am a mystery to be discovered. Some people know my name and they have confirmed that whoever behind this nick [256] does exist. Don’t you guys feel guilty making me feel like I’m a cyber criminal? I am a real human too, ya know. I don’t have time to recreate another long list of DETAILS to mislead the people I know from cyberworld. You’ll be surprised that when you finally know me, you’ll realize that I hide very little about myself. Especially after I release this blog. I tell my real experience and the experiences of the people I know.

So if you come to me and complain, Why that chatter is telling others that her gender is a male? Look…If the person makes you believe that she’s a male and THAT’S IT, please stick to your day job, take care for your family or what to cook for dinner – don’t spend a freaking time worrying WHY? WHY? WHY? did she lie about her gender. *Lols. Unless you’re a girl and you fall in love with “her” after believing that she’s a male, cos she sounds so masculine and caring during the chat sessions, promises you the world – and makes you write down your dream on a paper that “I’m going to marry this guy and 1 year from now, we are going to have kids” …Aha, that’s when you should feel alarmed. Because the person is using her online identity to HURT and FOOL someone and stop someone’s life clock from ticking normally…Oh yeah, that one is different. I hope we have Cybercops to arrest her – Please don’t lie about your gender next time – maybe put behind virtual bars? or got hanged using virtual gallow?. Ahaa…ridiculous right? Maybe you people just have to be extra careful before you FALL for lies coming from this freedom that the unlimited virtual world offers us. Cos sorry to say – this is the risk that you face when you decide to be here.

On the contrary, if an online identity brings you NOTHING but smiles and laughters, why EXPECT more? If that online identity doesn’t disturb your life, why do you still feel disturbed? You get what I mean? And if you tell me, Can you expect anything from virtual world to switch to your reality? YES YOU CAN!! I mean, don’t forget that a cartoon character like Pikachu can’t be doing all the typing for this blog right? It has to be a real human, right? So behind an online identity, there is still a human being. So yes, anything reality can start from the virtual world. I believe that A LOT of people here have honesty to offer. They also won’t stop a virtual connection or chemistry from going to reality, but they don’t expect too much or they don’t force things to happen. Just let it happen on its own. One thing leads to another and if this is DESTINED, yes, we will thank this virtual world for letting us meet. But if you ask me, are Online Identity users are playing tricks, bluffs and lies? NO. This isn’t about which virtues they use, this is about HOW safe and comfortable they want to appear in this unpredictable world of internet.

Just RESPECT how they do it, people.

Especially when they don’t disturb your life.

Isn't life short enough to have time to stop having more and more fun because of small matters like this? So you know the answer. Respect each other and this world is going to be a much better place for us. :)
Online Identity or not, the person behind that Nick has a heart too. Remember that :)

2 comments:

Wilder said...

I love that last paragraph :) online identity or not, the person behind that nick has a heart too. Yeap! yeap! you're right :) wew..cyberworld

Twofivesix256 said...

Yeah....after writing that line, I thought that one line is enough for the whole post actually. *Lols. Oh Now that's A LOT to delete right there. hahahahahahaha. Kidding. Muahsss Wilder :)