Statcounter

Monday, January 18, 2010

"The Dirty Pants"

I remember when I was much younger, accidentally kicking something that made me slip to the floor could be a very embarrassing experience. I would blush and hide myself – surviving that humiliation. Ouch? How terrifying could it be to actually slip on the floor and knock yourself down?

I hope I don't have to answer why I'm into high-heels, but I'm into those and it's not anything abnormal. Do I have the time to worry about what I wear on my feet, Anymore? I mean, the girls are sometimes too fussy over the petty things like – Oh, I'm wearing a pink dress, I must find a pair of cute heels with pink ribbons. Yeah, but maybe those days are going to be over someday too… for them, for anybody for that matter. Well, I realize that I'm not anymore into "the best matching" of what I wear on my body and what on my feet. I mean, is it even worth it to fuss over small matters? Or was it just me?

With serious matters that we have in mind now, I'm sure that we gradually letting go one by one the matters that were once bothering us. Yeah, finally we can tell which one is petty and with one is important. More and more responsibilities and commitments are claiming rights over our mind. Suddenly, we don't care so much about the little things anymore. I will tell you this experience of "The Dirty Pants".

I went out from a supermarket and I was on my way to the opposite road. I remember that I had to walk on a bumpy, stony undone road, which clearly needs extra alert especially for someone like me who cannot go without my high-heels. But I think that the stony road was just nothing. Why would I care that much, it's just a bumpy road that I had to walk a few steps and that's about it," as my mind would say. My hands were busy looking for something in my handbag, I was looking for my handphone, about to call my mom. It happens a lot when I could not find a freaking anything in my handphone whenever I need it! Omigawd! So I was re-acting the normal view of digging into my handbag looking for a hidden treasure that is nowhere to be found. Dammit. I needed to make that call to tell my mom that I was done shopping. And as I was on it, my feet haven't stopped walking, and did I say I care about the bumpy small road? *Lols. My heels actually slipped while I was stepping on a stone or maybe anything I didn't have time to examine, but enough to make me lose my balance and landed my knee on the ground. Wearing the pants that are very close to white, the knock down caused some dirt on my pants and it could clearly be seen in that colour. You guys know what I did? My hands kept digging into my handbag and it didn't change a little even when after the slipping incident taken place. A guy who was sitting not far from there saw it and he made that look, "Omigawddd!" Yeah, something like that. If he's allowed to say more, he might say, "Why didn't you be a little more careful?" Hehehe. Oh well, his face explained it all. *Lols.

That looks in his face tells me that he thought it was a terrible incident for someone to slip on that bumpy road and got her pants dirtied. I just got up and turned my face to him and smile, "Hahaha, Ouch! Sorry that it happened." I glanced very quickly to my pants and saw the dirt on the knee. "Nevermind." The guy, still with that panicked looks, told me, "See your pants got dirty". I smiled at him and said, "Don't worry about my pants." And then I just kept looking for my handphone and finally found it and made that call. Without even care to wipe the dirt from my pants. I just walked and managed to cover it with the jacket that I was holding. The view of the man made me smiled. He took it more seriously that I did. It was my pants who got dirt on, not his. It was me who slipped, not him. But it's about how you see things, you get me?

To me, it's just a small matter. I slipped, my pants got dirty, so what? I think my detergent can take care of that dirt. It will be clean again the next time I wear it. We have more serious matters in hands, remember? But actually, I was surprised too with myself. Because you guys should know that I do care about the small things. But this incident tells me that I have evolved to something else too. I don't believe that I go through day by day without taking something and put it to heart. I don't believe that I survive difficulties without learning something. I don't believe seeing life in its truer form, as I age, don't turn me into a better person. And that dirty pants incident tells me that I can't be the same person I was 5 years ago. This is the new me. I can stop and still care about the teddybear that got abused by the tailors next door but I can't spend another hour grieving on what's gonna happen on the teddybear if the abuse continues. (Hahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha Kidding guys.)

Let's worry on more serious stuff, ok guys? So dirty pants? Say Bring it on, bebeh. *Lols

No comments: