Statcounter

Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Rules We Can't Break

We humans, have the tendency to break the rules. I come to learn something from this life – just a little latter than many things. So much that we speak about the thrill of trying to bend the rules; to play the game using our own cunning ways. Yes, many times we successfully did it. We played a universal game using our very own rules. Now I find my way to defy this. No people, we shouldn’t do that. Not everytime, please.

This is the example I can give you guys. When I first met this guyfriend, he has a very close relationship with someone that he called his big sister. Whenever we talked, he always dragged this “big sister” into the picture. When he wanted to refer to someone, it was always his big sister that he referred to as someone who pretty much set the “good” standard for the kind of lady that he liked. I remember feeling pissed at times because he always compared me with her. Like, “you might be good but my big sister is also as good, if not better,” – something like that. But on top of that, I had a good feeling with this kind of good impression that he had towards someone older that he respected enough to call a big sister. I actually admired it that 2 people could have such a good relationship without having to call it love or fling. It was just purely bro and sister relationship. He told me, that big sister was that important to him that not even his future wife could make him listen to her anymore than his big sister. I was like, “Wow!! Seriously?” He said, “256, consider this the chain of food that you MUST eat. That is the rule.” He explained how much the big sister has once helped him and he appreciated it a lot.

After a few months, something happened. The big argument happened between them. He told me, “Don’t mention her anymore. I hate her!!!” Then I went, “What???” It was like a building has just come crushing down. It was so unthinkable to finally hear him saying that towards someone he once looked up to. “What happened??” He refused to explain. He kept cursing and swearing her using all the foul language. I couldn’t stand it. I said, “Hey stop it!!! Don’t call her that, okay? She was once your big sister, for goodness sake!!!!”

I couldn’t believe that he built hatred so easily after all the things they have been through. He screamed at me whenever I mistakenly mentioned about the lady. Like he seriously declared the world war III with her. I WANT TO KNOW WHY!!! TELL ME WHY!!! I never got to let him know how sincerely sad I felt inside about him making wars with his own big sister. I seriously don’t like to see that!!!

After some time, he cooled down and that was when I took the chance to ask him. He finally told me the reasons. I finally understood his anger. But still, I don’t think it’s enough to call a big sister, A Bitch. I mean NO REASON could be enough to call someone older, who you once adored as your big sister – A BITCH. I told him I was so upset. He was surprised that I was affected by that. “Oh, why did you feel upset, 256?”

BECAUSE REMEMBER YOU TOLD ME THIS IS PART OF A FOOD CHAIN THAT “I MUST EAT”!!! IT IS THE FREAKING RULE THAT I SHOULDN’T BREAK!!!

He went silent. I thought that my remark really hit home. “Emm…Oh, you remember”

OF COURSE I REMEMBER!!! Because I think you’re right about it. There are rules that we can’t break!!!

This is my point, people. In this life, Yes, sometimes we get upset. Sometimes people let us down. But there are rules that WE CAN’T BREAK!! If you call someone a big sister today, YOU CAN’T call her bitch the next day. That isn’t how it works around here, PLEASE!! Please spare some thoughts for the people who have once touched your life. Even if the person commits a misconduct that is unacceptable to you, for the old time sake, DO NOT just downgrade the person to a piece of sh*t overnite!! And you don’t this just because of a mistake that you need time to understand why they do it. NO NO!!!

Just look at your own parents. They bring you into this life. They feed you and raise you up. You think it’s easy? No it’s never easy. So when they do something so bad one day, like embarrassing you in front of your relatives – saying a bad remark about your weakness – can you just UNDO all the angelic deeds they have done for you? Is it enough to call them the DEVILS? No people, NO!! Because this is THE RULE that you can’t break. You can bend it here and there, but you could not BREAK IT. They are your parents and nothing they say or do that will change how much they have done for you. Mistakes are just temporary. It’s not a curse. DON’T spoil a love chain over stupid matters.

If my brother did something that hurt my parents, of course we have the right to feel angry and sad with him. But it doesn’t give us the right to send my brother out of the house and disown him as our brother just because of a mistake that is not even fatal; a mistake that can be corrected. Why? Because we have been siblings from day one. Nothing in this world can change that. We shouldn’t consider disowning him or even think of sending him out of the house. You can scream at him, of not talking to him for days, but NEVER forget that he’s your brother. THAT’S THE RULE THAT WE CAN’T BREAK, UNDERSTAND?

In our times of needs, you must realize that it’s them who we reach out for. It’s them who could be the last people you see before you leave this life. There’s no freaking physical excuses in this earth that are good enough for us to abandon these people who have left mark in our life. That is the honour that we should spare them. When it comes to the question of life and death, no freaking physical rules matter anymore. It’s only Who Is My Friend, Who Is My Family – that matter. You can’t let any stupid worldly challenges to simply break our good bonds with these special people. We must preserve something beyond all the rules in this universe. The rules that we CAN’T break. That is to preserve good bonding with the people that have touched our lives in one way or another.

I remind myself of this too because I’m also human. I do the same mistakes every now and then. But I should be ashamed of myself to write all this just to repeat the same mistake. Yes, we might feel the need to bend the rules here and there, but now you know the rules that are not worth breaking. I’ve done my part. The rest is yours.

1 comment:

ulal said...

zaman ni perasan kah kamurang tu news paper slalu kuar tu artikel c anu bin anu bkan lagi anaknyalah atau bapanyalah atau abangnyalah.. kalo bkan c anu then c ah kaw lah .. macam teda sdah tu ikatan persodaraan yg sangat erat bah kan.
sodangkan org piara hanjing pun nda halau baitu hanjing kuar dr umah..ni pula abang adik tau anak beranak .. sanggup lagi kaseh halau ..adezzz wosak wosakkkkk