Statcounter

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Is It Enough Just To Survive?

That is a question posed to me by a guy, who is much more senior than me. He’s been through a lot. Being a professional in his own field, being a one-man show, I think he has the right to speak to someone as “raw” as I am. He earns many thousands just by using his creative hands. Just himself and a lap top. I totally salute this man for what he does for survival.

I was talking with him about “How To Survive” in this economic turmoil, and still standing strong with our own two feet. I told him about a lady friend, who is in a “street business” who doesn’t need a good office, who doesn’t even care about her own brand – but still, she can survive. She’s doing the business for more than 10 years and still standing. It doesn’t make her rich, though. She’s still the same as she is. But she can manage to feed the family even when her husband has no other job but other than just helping her out with the business. I thought I was giving my guyfriend a good story about a lady who “can survive”. Then he asked me,

Is It Enough Just To Survive?

Then I went, “Emmmmmmmm…emmmm…” *Lols. Damn! He got me! Hahahahaahaha. But hey. Please. I might be speechless that time. But I have the answer now. Guess what, I’m going to say, YES?

Before you think about making a victory, first, YOU MUST SURVIVE, agree? It doesn’t matter if you have to wait 15 years to make that victory, as long as you’re going there. Hey, I don’t mind. But first, to survive during that 15 freaking years is NOT easy. Don’t speak about victory, yet. You write me a good story how to survive the 15 years JUST TO MAKE SURE that the victory is finally yours. Survival is CRUCIAL, man!!

I might not be that ambitious compared to that guyfriend of mine. Hey, he’s there already. In fact, he’s been doing the job for almost 12 years. Ah? Still question me is it good enough to survive? I thought he’s been there!!!

I have relatives who ventured into a restaurant business and it’s not even a year, the restaurant is closed. Reasons? The place is being taken over by the owner. If that’s the excuse, then change to a new place, right? Why quit? The business must go on. If not, there isn’t a second year for the business. You see that, people? If you fail to survive, don’t dream of victory. It doesn’t matter if the survival isn’t a breakthrough, but you survive it, that’s already very good. You might not add another car or house in your property, or start donating to the needies…all in all, you’re pretty much in the same economic level like before. But hey, business is tough. You can open today and close next week. No kidding. It’s NOT easy!!!! Furthermore, it depends on your aim. If you want to EAT BIG, but work less – greater risk. But if you don’t mind to eat small though you work so hard – less risk but high in satisfaction. You see, different people play the game using different rules. The point is one. To survive.

It doesn’t mean that if you survive another year, you have to be a millionaire. No, it’s not that. Don’t get busy with that first. I think the hardship to survive is a pleasurable journey. Because this is where you know for real where is your strength, your weaknesses and your ability is challenged to the max to see how to manage conflicts and problems. As a matter of fact, to survive a long windy road ISN’T EASY. It’s almost a victory in its own meaning.

No matter how hard and difficult it is, you can never underestimate people who are surviving because you hear more stories of those who fail to survive. If you ask me again, Is It Good Enough To Survive? I will say yes. Cos only with survival that you can stay in the game and aim for higher scores. Other than the world “Survived” – you’re considered Game Over. When it’s game over for you, people won’t even care to talk about you and your failure. So you still think surviving is –not-so-much-? Whoaa think again bebeh!!

KUDOS to all the survivors out there!! Keep the spirit alive!!

No comments: