Statcounter

Friday, September 4, 2009

"A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed"

Ia bermaksud, “Kawan yang sebenar adalah kawan yang ada ketika kamu memerlukan mereka.” Nah, now that you guys know, think for a moment. Adakah kamu seorang kawan yg sebenar?

I remember 2 days ago. My bestfriend rang my phone at the wrong timing. I couldn’t pick up. I turned my phone off. I was too stressed out that time. I didn’t want to talk on the phone. And then I turned it on again and SMS her, “Talk some other time. I want to rest now.” Actually, it’s good to SMS before you call. Because at least you can tell if the person is free or in the right mood to just chatting for fun. I felt bad because I didn’t get to entertain her call. Terus dalam hati terpikir, “Kawan jenis apa sia ni ah?”

But I think it’s too much to blame myself on that. I think my friend will understand. She always does. She was once my roommate back in hostel. Actually, speaking of a “Real friend”, I think I fail in most aspects. Seriously. Look who’s talking, people. I have friends who ask me, “256, where is your commitment? It’s ZERO, you know that?” Yes, with that kind of remark, what can you expect from someone like me?

My friends know that too. I can contribute my time listening to you, giving my opinions. But really, when it comes to more than that, I fail. I won’t leave my work just so I could come to your place and help you out with something. My friends know that if they need help in the early morning should they get stuck anywhere, 256 is not the person to call. Maybe it’s true that when it comes to Commitment, I’m always suck.

I don’t usually be the first one to SMS or call my friends to say Hello. I remember this new guyfriend of mine. I kinda like him a lot, and he sure likes me as much. But that’s all I can give. He complained me about my commitment. He got really sick to do everything first. He tried it once that he didn’t SMS me for a month, and guess what? We totally lost contact for 1 month. Hehehehehe. Although I did wonder his whereabouts, but I did nothing. And when he finally sms me back, I asked, “Oh, not busy with the other girls anymore ka?” Then he exploded, “256!!! I never complain to you that you never SMS me until I SMS you, OK??” (*Lols). Then I laughed. He was right. Hahahaahahahahahaha.

But still there are things that my friends would come to me for. I don’t know, but I always take it seriously if the compliment comes from my bestfriend. She once told me, “You know I make the best decision because I have the best counselor,” after our long session of heart to heart. I mean, this friend of mine got into arguments with me in the past. She slept in the same room with me and knew how I loved to sing in the shower and how turned on the loud volume even when she was trying hard to read her book. She knows my shortcomings. So everything that comes out from her mouth about me is reliable. I remember during the last days in college, she wrote in my book – “You’re my bestfriend ever.” I felt so touched because actually since the days we were roommates, we were separated because of our different faculty. We hardly met. And occasionally during birthdays or special occasions, we would held a party so that was where we met again. So when she still decided that I’m her bestfriend, I feel so appreciated.

Still, am I a friend in need? I hate to say that I don’t think I am. Or maybe, not yet. I know there are many things that I should do in order to be called a friend in need. I’m just not there yet. It’s funny that we know our weaknesses and still feel helpless about it right? Or maybe, I am comfortable this way for now. My life is already a mess for me to sort things out. I can’t be a superfriend. All I can give my friends is if I call them friend, I will back them up when people talk bad about them. I will cry with them when they are sad, and I will be happy for them when they are happy. And I will pray for their good life truly from the heart. And I also won’t keep jealousy or vengeance inside me – so they can be rest assured that although I give very little, but the little I give is the most honest thing I can give. If that’s all I’m capable of giving, it could be all there is for me to offer :)

Our friends are our treasure. Nobody is ever rich enough, happy enough and content enough to go without a friend. So, lets give our best for our friendship. A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed.

Note: Knowing this, I also don’t ask much from my friends. I only ask them the same I could give them. That sure is not much, kan? :)

No comments: