Statcounter

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Let The Small Things Remain Small

Actually, this life this full of “small things” – and I mean, SMALL THINGS. They are small matters that people love to blow it up and end up making life harder. Why don’t we just let it be SMALL?

This is a big advice to myself because I am the type who like to blow things up – and my excuses are always about “what’s appropriate”, pride and trying to avoid people from taking advantage. My life is always so much harder than most laid back people. I hate to make a simple decision if I think someone gonna benefit it not in the way that favours me. Yes, maybe because I’m just annoyingly stubborn. But can I please learn to make life easier? Can I please learn that? Please [256]?

The scenario when I always blow up small things has a lot to do with me being fussy. I am very particular with things and when I make myself clear about certain things, I expect other people to follow what I say, in the name of RESPECT. I mean, it’s not much that I ask from people. It won’t cost them a penny at all. It’s just the small thing and all they need to do is JUST NOT DO what I don’t like. THAT’S ALL. Yes, THAT’S ALL. So I give myself the excuse to burst out my anger if people disrespect my requests. It’s just a small thing.

When there are foods on the table, DON’T ever do anything that spread dust/chemicals on the air, like sweeping, slapping the pillow, spraying (even perfumes, let alone insect killers like Ridsect!!) and DO NOT wiggle your hair because I don’t appreciate any dandruff to be inside the recipe of the food on the table. I don’t ask so much, do I? You can do all that but NOT when the there are uncovered foods on the table, or worse yet, there are people who are eating on the dining table. This is the good example of the everyday thing that I do that makes some people think that I am too fussy. And it’s just a small thing actually. But if anyone in the house actually ignores that, I get mad very easily. I think that I ask very simple things from them, and they can’t even comply. So this attitude of asking people to do what I want is actually making my life harder. I thought that I should find a way so that people WON’T have to make me feel that they purposely try to piss me off. So I always do my part to “protect” my fussiness so that I don’t have to deal with the things that might piss me off. I must remember that, this is just a small matter. I don’t have to ruin my relationship with the people that I love just because of this. I must adapt to their ways too, and I’m sure they try so hard to adapt to mine to. If they trip once in a while, I must consider that once in a while I might also do the things they dislike and still they find the way to forgive me and not blow things up.

Yesterday, my sister was busy looking for her handphone. She thought she lost it. It would be difficult for her job if she lost all the contacts. It’s even difficult for people to contact her. So since today is Sunday, we thought that she might have to wait until tomorrow to get a replacement for her sim card. Since she knows I’m using more than 1 phones, she asked me if she could use one of my phones. I was concerned that if she uses one of my numbers, I will have to deal with the people I don’t know once she passes the phone back to me. I have bought a new number that I haven’t used yet. I could simply let my sister use it without her having to answer calls from my friends or customers, but because I was worried over small matters, it took me a while to agree. I snapped at my stupid thoughts as said, Hey this is just a small matter. It’s just a number. I can always buy a new one, right? I should help my sister now that she’s in need. Even if I have to answer calls from her friends who use that number to call her, it won’t kill me, right? So this morning, I actually give her one of my phones without having to worry anything over the “small things”. I only care that I do one considerate thing to my own sister.

A bad example happened to my friend a few days. Her boss burst in anger when she found out her workers pull the office table and not lifting it. It left a scratch mark on the new carpet. After seeing the mark, she transformed into an angry lion. “Kenapa la kamu semua ni bodoh betul??? Sia paling tidak suka barang2 sia kena kasi rosak!!!! Kamu pikir ini ofis kamu punya ka? Apa lagi kamu mau buat lepas ni? Mau bakar ni ofis? Kamu semua memang orang teda guna!! Sepa tidak tahan, sekarang juga boleh letak jawatan. Ada bertimbun lagi permohonan atas meja sia – budak degree yg minta gaji RM400 saja!!! Kamu cermin diri kamu sekarang, apa kelulusan kamu, berapa gaji sia bagi kamu!!!!! PALUI punya manusia!!” Guess what? It was only over a scratch mark on the carpet!!!!!!!!! As a result, some of her most loyal workers resigned on the same day. Some of the workers have been around for 4 years. Not only that she has tarnished her own good image with that attitude, she also lost her workers and has to train new ones, and she also giving herself a bad day, a bad feeling and a bad reputation as a boss. Nobody would respect her anymore after that. Even my friend is resigning next week. I’m not surprised that even the established company could go down if she’s the only one who runs it. This and much more, over a scratch mark on the carpet? Usually thick carpet doesn’t hold scratch mark for long. It could be that she could end up just making a fool of herself.

Before we get angry or feel bad over something, PAUSE for a while and think for a second if it’s worth it. Most of the times, it’s just a small thing. Don’t let the small things embarrassed us because of our stupid anger. How much could these small things actually matter? You know my answer. Good bonding between people that actually matters than anything else. A nice phone number or a new luxury carpet become as small as dusts flying in the air – because they don’t last. When we come to the part of our lives where no money or luxury could matter anymore, it’s when we realize how stupid we are to blow up the small things to the extent that we lose things that really matter more.

So people, lets just the small things remain small, Okay?

:)

3 comments:

ulal said...

bahaya punya boss wakwak adakah degree pun hanya rm400 buli d upah ?? haha pekeja om import dr indon pun labih dr tu dijit mah wakwak..mang bad mood lah tu boss tu ari .. nda tau ari besa gitu jua kaitu gayanya ?? susah2 train pekeja ..sanang2 kaseh alau .. adezzzz.. sib bek nda pekeja nya tariak balik sama tu boss .. "Hoi!! tokeh!!kami nda keja 10 tawun pun nda jua mati kalaparan bah!!" hahaha

ulal said...

hahaha kawan mu lojik jua ooo kalo d ikut sakapannya wakwak.. kalo camni lah buturusan ... kali lain ari tukang sapu kat siring jalan pun kena ada tu degree laini tau haha wosakkkkk.. kalo banding sama 50 tawun yg lalu ... sonang lagi idup banding sama zaman karang...butul2 bagustan laini negara kita kalo camni tau adezzz

Twofivesix256 said...

lalinggg....me silap info. *Lols. Me tanya kawan me balik, tu budak degree minta RM 1K ba pula..yg kerani tu SPM ja baa...tu yg RM400. Kubit kawan sia ahhh... *Lols. Kejap sia mau padam tu komen sia di atas. Hahahahahahaha /me injut 1 kali tanda insaf Lols