Statcounter

Monday, March 22, 2010

Why Skipping Lunch Is Not That Good

No Lunch policy like me? Hehehehe. Oh well. If you do it because you think that can help you shed the pounds, maybe it’s not helpful.

What I read from the Biggest Loser tips, skipping meals is not good for weight loss. It’s because even if you have stuffed enough food for you to feel full all day, not having meals for many hours would lead your body into “thinking” that you’re in hunger. So it stores calories for you instead of burning them. So it’s suggested that we break the big breakfast meal into smaller ones, and yes, it’s okay to have meals every 2 hours cos that actually gives the body the order to keep burning more and more calories. So now I understand why holding back from foods don’t always work. Cutting meals from 1 plate to 1 spoon will help us to lose the weight but from what I learn, our body can have “revenge” if you change your meal portion as sudden as that. The weight loss isn’t gonna stay and is coming back twice. It’s all about playing the “mind game” with our body. We have to make our body response the way it should benefit us. Maybe that explains why some people eat so much and still don’t gain weight compared to those who always watch how much they eat everyday. Oh that’s tiring.

Another thing is about metabolism. Metabolism is the ability of our body to burn calories. It differs from one person to another. One tips from the Biggest Loser is – Drinking plain water can certainly help to increase metabolism. I mean, Ouch? Plain water, are you sure? Yes, but people like me don’t find that simple. I’m not used to drinking a lot of plain water so it’s like a torture to me. But since it’s the innocent plain water, I can talk down my body to accept at least a bottle of big mineral water in a day. The last time I did that, I certainly felt so much better with my body. I don’t know why. I have the impression that my body is hydrated, it keeps me away from binge and unhealthy craving and I think that water just makes us go back to the old way when people don’t have sweet drinks to quench their thirst and guess what? They lived longer. *giggles.

Oh, another tips please. Do you know that we have to cheat our brains to help us lose weight too? That is a simple White Lie. Just save your money from buying bigger plate cos you should settle for a smaller one. Fill it with food you like and your brain will get cheated into thinking that you have eaten A Lot so it sends the signal to your whole body that “Yup, I’m Full Now” when u actually eat ¼ of your normal portion. This way, your brain doesn’t notice that you actually cut your meal but you still feel full. The good news is, less calories are going inside your body which will result Less fat transformation and before you know…You’re Fit again… Oh yayy… hahaahahahahaha.

When your brains and your body are not given sudden cut-meal shock which will mess your system, the possibility of you to retain the new weight is very high. It’s because your body has learnt how to accept the new eating environment without fighting back. Cos from what I heard, holding back food in an unhealthy way will cause in funny reactions that makes your metabolism drops to the floor and pumped more calories and fat in your body. Ouch… Then you know what to do. This advice is also for me cos like you, I also want to lose weight for Health and NOT looks. (Hahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha) Lets together use the tips for better HEALTH okay? Hehehehehe.

No comments: