Statcounter

Thursday, March 4, 2010

So You Actually Want Respect?

Just now, I was at a restaurant having my brunch. I picked a spot where I always sit. Trying to save time to rush back to the office, I hoped not to get choked. AT LEAST, spare me that little time so that I could eat In Peace.

The table beside me were a husband and wife, with a small kid. The wife was talking all the way. I didn’t know to whom she was talking to, whether the husband or the kid. Cos if she was talking to the kid, the kid was too young to understand everything that might come out from her neverending talking. And if she was talking to the husband, the husband’s mind was clearly wandering and was looking elsewhere. “Strange,” I thought.

So when my order was sent, I started eating. Trying so hard to enjoy my food. The taste was the normal kind of good, heck, we are talking about my favourite restaurant here. So I didn’t have an issue with the table beside me. I didn’t care if the wife talked alone. I didn’t care if the husband was agitated with the wife. None of my freaking business. I come there TO EAT. But I couldn’t help it when the husband started to take out that “sheit” – cigarettes. And I was. “Uh-Oh…This is a bad sign!!!”

Let me tell you guys that my irritation against smokers are getting bigger and bigger!! I could stand looking at anybody UNTIL they take out a cigarette. That sight alone can make you a DEMON to me. I would change my direction to the other side where I don’t have to look at you, to go near you or anything like that. I mean, you can be a good looking guy but that piece of cigarette can make you the ugliest creature or A DANGER ZONE I MUST AVOID!!

Wait, before that, let me tell you that I am not that heartless. At least I understand if your heart and lungs depend on nicotine so you MUST have your dose of at least 40 chemicals to feed your organs. So that YOU MUST smoke after you eat anything. OKAY!! I GET IT!! But trust me you can get all the dose of the chemicals you want regardless WHERE you smoke and TO WHERE you puff the smoke to. I wish we have this BOX, just enough for ONE freaking demon and have it closed when the puffing begins. This is to make sure that YOU get what you give. You puff the smokes and you inhale them all back. YES, NOTHING IS WASTED. I’m sure you can savour your 40 chemicals to the fullest!!! But since we don’t have that kind of box yet, so this is the scenario that always happens at the restaurants.

So the husband started to puff away the smokes. There was a fan at high speed just on top of them so using your MAYBE-NOT-THAT-STUPID mind, you can guess that you are giving everyone a dose of your 40 chemicals, and not only that, the ashes were flying all over and hey, we are talking about an eatery here, my friends. Do you eat ashes? And I thought the husband spared himself a little compassion and a less stupidity to Have A Heart that, “I must smoke now but I understand that some people can’t stand people smoking around them” but he couldn’t even DO THAT!!

The moment I turned my face at their table, he was puffing the smokes directly on the wife and kid who were eating at the time, and it was not stupid enough. He actually puffed the smokes directly to my table too. Maybe he didn’t have the intention, he just wanted to make some puffing free-styles variety because maybe it makes his smoking experience more enjoyable. (F*ck Off Lahhh!!) *Lols

I couldn’t believe that I sat not very far from A MORON. I actually stood up and changed my place to the other table – SHOWING MY PROTEST because unless he’s a rat, he must understand that his smokes pissed me off!! They noticed it right away. The husband finished the stick and stopped. Maybe they thought I was rude. Because if you were in their place, you might think that you are that despicable that people want to run away from you and it’s ruDE when people distant themselves from you while you’re looking their way. SO WHAT????

I am at a restaurant, I don’t know you and I come to eat. I don’t have to say Hi, how you you doing? because we are strangers to each other. But I let you have your space and you let me have mine. In this capacity as strangers at the restaurant, as long as we give each other our space to EAT our dish, that’s all. If anyone in our table is making too much noise, we ask them to tone down the volume cos we might disturb others. If a toddler is throwing food around, of course you will ask him to stop doing it because it might hit other people. These are the spontaneous things that we do because WE ARE NOT at our own place, alone. Even if we don’t have to smile and greet each other but we do have the spontaneous things that we do so that we don’t create issues with other people. To them, I might create an issue by changing my place to distant myself from them, but before you count my steps, LOOK AT YOURSELF FIRST. Don’t talk why people are rude to you before you look at what you have done to make them act that way. It’s simple. If you show to me that you don’t learn ENOUGH respect for other people, I don’t see anything wrong why I can’t return “the favour”. Oh, you actually WANT RESPECT?? Give it first before you get one.

Note: The restaurant is quite spacious. There are tables located at the opened area so that the smokers KNOW WHERE TO SIT. But I sat at the center of the restaurant where it’s clearly spared for those who want more peace. Most of the smokers sit at the right spot so though I hate the view, but still I leave some respect for them as another human. But if you violate the even the most basic unsaid rule about respect, I don’t see why you deserve one.

*Bah pasik jari si [256] sebab memaki tadi … *Lols

No comments: