Statcounter

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How Personal Is Your Handphone?

Today began with a disaster. I found out that my other handphone was missing. Something was really wrong. Suddenly the morning wasn’t so bright anymore. I looked all over, almost with watery eyes…Where’s my handphone???

I paused and thought for a few seconds – What should I do Now??? Suddenly I thought that I could not go with the day. All my initial plan to start doing my work was reset back to zero. I could not go without that handphone. What did I most concern about?

I realized that if the handphone was empty, I would not care that much. It’s the content of the handphone that made me feel like it belongs with me and only with me. It’s only by then I realized how PERSONAL my handphone is for me. I could not just pass my handphone to people and let them use it all they like. And now what if that happens accidentally?

Maybe that’s the price of being someone who is so reserved – I don’t usually share with people about my private stuff. It’s from the gadget that I often bring that has all the answers. But the problem is, once the gadget goes to the wrong hands, they will know a lot of my private matters. A total violation to my privacy. I am the type who likes to keep as much stuff possible because I really appreciate all the nice things people sent to me, and in this case, the text messages. So from my handphone, u definitely know if someone is special or not in my eyes. I will keep hundreds of SMS from the same name which to me are personal. My goodness. So that explained why I went haywire this morning?

To some people, this habit might definitely teach them a lifetime lesson. I remember many years ago that my ex called me during odd hour and he was so panicked asking me – “Could u please call my number cos I think I’ve just slipped the handphone somewhere.” I could remember that tone as if someone’s life was in danger. I called it but the line was off. So it was obvious that someone took the phone and remove the sim card. My ex told me that he put a lot of personal stuff including my pictures and his family. “So u mean other person has all the pictures now?” It’s such a bad feeling when something that you thought would be your personal possession is shared with the people who are not even anyone in your life. I mean, the feeling is so bad that u got really phobia about saving things in your handphone . Suddenly you feel that it’s crucial to not rely on any gadget to get in touch of the pieces from your loved ones. Suddenly you feel that maybe it’s impossible, but you have your memory and your warmest thought where u store all the nice memories of your loved ones, and not in the gadget like a handphone that could change hands by accident.

So is it wise to keep your handphone very personal? Of course it’s obviously NOT WISE to do so, but if you still want to challenge yourself that you gonna take care of it as carefully as your take care of your body and soul, maybe that option is viable. Hehe. I found out that after my ex lost his precious handphone, he never looked at his handphone as something “very dear” to him anymore. So he had to be heartless by deleting all the messages so that there’s no message left in the Inbox in the name of – “Trying to keep my privacy protected”. Come to think about it, I mean, do you have to deny the right and need to store the everyday thing that comes from your loved ones thinking that “it would be easier the next time should I lose it again.” Ouch??

Personal or not – Take good care of your precious handphone okay? :)

Note: The lesson I learnt today is – My clumsiness can cost me more than the price of a new handphone :) The good news are – My handphone is here back in my hand. Privacy still intact? Hopefully. Phewww… *Lols

4 comments:

Adriel D.K said...

Do a backup can use http://myphone.microsoft.com if you are on windows mobile, not sure if it works on normal symbian phone... never tried yet haha

For sony ericssion you can try using http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

then again there are always those cd when you buy the phone... which does include a pc suite for both nokia and sony ericssion :P

Twofivesix256 said...

Adriel, thanks for the info. Hehe. But the most painful thing is not exactly missing the content of the lost handphone, but the idea that it falls on the wrong hands of a stranger out of nowhere who might thought that someone's privacy is somewhat amusing. And speaking of the wrong hands, it can be used against u when you least expect. But yup...a backup will definitely lessen the pain...*giggles.

Anonymous said...

cian tu org yg belakon tu.... kana kasi masuk kutak pulak sama² tu hinpun...../me tawa berabis nampak tu pic.... nah lain kali buat² lupa laituh ah my baby....

-babyken-

Twofivesix256 said...

hehehehehe /me kubit2 si babyken masa dia sibuk tawa. *Lols.

Panic sudah si kawan kemarin o kan dear...hahahaha. Insaf sudah this...me ikat tali to that handphone barula inda lari2.hehehehe