Statcounter

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Do You Remember What You Forget?

I was having some flashback with Ken about the previous things and we found out that he forgot a lot of things. Ironically, I always name myself as “The forgetful one” because I tend to forget about where I put my stuff and then I even forgot why some names are in my phonebook. But after doing some memory check, actually my memory isn’t bad at all. Maybe I am forgetful about the spontaneous things but I actually remember the moments that even some of the people involved forget about!

After realizing good memories that should be remembered and not exactly remembered by all the people involved in them – makes me thinking that how much Forgetfulness actually takes the Values away from one’s life – by just by forgetting the good moments. Yes!! Forgetfulness actually takes SO MUCH from us, people. Do you realize that?

I remember repeatedly telling Ken that “Rugi oo u tidak ingat” cos I really mean it! Remember all the little magical moments that actually makes you feel the purest of joy –and though they have passed but they continue to live in memories. And Memories only live as long as we still remember them. Imagine how much you are losing if you just forget all of these!

But the painful truth is that – nobody can blame anybody if they don’t remember. Some people are just not good at remembering things and some people are really good with it. I tell you the facts about this. If you fall in either category, you have something to lose and to gain.

The people who remember so much are always tied by the good memories. Sometimes they rely on those memories so much to the extent that it’s hard for them to accept a bitter truth about the present. They tend to be clingy to a relationship that was once a fairytale cos all the good memories are still fresh as if everything just happened yesterday. At this point, it’s advisable that they try to forget the past that is haunting them. So you know sometimes it’s not all bad to forget about certain things. Unfortunately, not everyone is good in forgetting.

On the other hand, you already know what the forgetful people have to lose. Although as if the values of life have been taken away from them by not remembering life’s great details that they have experienced, but at least they are so much easier to move on without having to live with bleeding wounds in their heart. Being strong is becoming much easier because you can always start on a clean slate. Like the saying goes, we must learn to forget the past before we can turn a new leaf.

My conclusion is that – Life is quite fair when it comes to this. Being forgetful or not forgetful is actually making us someone to gain or to lose from it depending on circumstances. So the challenge is we have to live with how we are by knowing how to handle the situations when we might get troubled by it. As for me, I am the type who can remember a lot of things so I already tasted how bitter it is to be bornt this way. I can’t simply forget and move on but the most wonderful thing about this is I can use those memories to Appreciate life and to learn from the little details how to see life as wonderful as it is. But if I come across someone like Ken who tends to forget the details, I won’t complain so much because I know he’s experiencing life’s wonders too, just from the other side. Like the saying goes, “Better to light the candle than to curse the darkness :)”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

/me duduk d sabalah c baby tunggu kana katuk pala..... hehhehehehe... my memory have to upgrade diz baby... mau kana kasi up sampai 10gb ram baru sia nda pelupa... kekekekkekekekek......
/me hugs baby so titely...

-babyken-

Twofivesix256 said...

Bahhh...sudalah palupa, duduk sebelah me lagi dat. Me pasik baru tau. *Lols