Statcounter

Sunday, October 3, 2010

"I Love The Way You Lie" ...Sure?


I'm sure most of you know the song by Eminem featuring Rihanna or maybe Rihanna featuring Eminem whichever you want to put it. I initially didn't like the song. It's not catchy enough to my ears. But others love this song. It's everywhere on Youtube. The hype of this song goes into Facebook when more and more people are sharing different versions of the song besides the original. When I kept seeing this clip shared by someone in Facebook, then I was pushed to finally try and listen and I even read the lyrics cos I WANT TO KNOW why people like this song. Heck, I didn't know. Well, looking at the title alone, I am so skeptical that I was going to find something that stands for the moral of honesty. *Lols. I mean, LIE? What can you expect from that word? Hahahahaha 

Yes I know that we sometimes have to lie not just for the sake of misleading or doing something immoral to other people, especially our partner. Sometimes we have to lie to save our as* from getting into trouble, or maybe to just not make situations worse. Yes we all know that. We are sometimes in difficult situations and sometimes we lie because we don't want to hurt the people we love because truths always hurt. I don't know if that makes LYING a virtue. I don't know if that makes LYING permissible and I don't know if LYING makes you an angel. Never forget that LYING is labeled closer to A SIN than A VIRTUE. Can we just turn this around just because YOU LIE FOR A GOOD CAUSE? 

Can we still call that a good cause when it needs you to LIE? Lie means that you tell something untrue. Although I have blogged about "It doesn't matter what the truths are. What matters is what you believe." One thing I would admit is YES, Lying saves more people from getting hurt. But it's also lying that has misled other people and put more people in trouble. It's also lying that makes you "a less person" than you are in other people's eyes cos when you tell a terrible lie once, you are never worth someone's trust anymore. Whatever that comes out from your freaking mouth are of NO TRUTH VALUES and that can be set aside and people can choose to cover their ears unless they want to be polite. Hehe. 

Last but not least... I guess that I will NEVER like the song "I Love The Way You Lie" cos I will not approve of LYING even if it's sometimes necessary and even if I sometimes have to do it too. So NO WAY, NO THANKS, I WILL NEVER LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE. But if you lie to me because you love me so much, I will find a way to forgive you. Even if I have to regret all the smiles that were once built on those lies. Oh man, it's so painful to type the line. No. Lying still doesn't make you a saint, okay? *giggles.

NOTE: I think I do resemble Pinocchio in one way. Whenever I lie, my friends can read it. Erkss... Should I be grateful that I'm not a good liar? That one I have to decide later. Hehehe.

No comments: