Statcounter

Monday, June 14, 2010

My Take On World Cup Fever

I saw you guys jumping in excitement. Yes, I know the fever is here. I could almost feel the passion of the football fans when this game that is held once in 4 years is finally taking place. You guys are right. Maybe it’s not because you guys think you would have a share of glory by touching the Cup of glory when your fav team wins…No No…you guys know about it already. You would spend hundreds on betting, and would spent sleepless nite or half awake nap just to not miss the football matches – And what all of these for? – Yes…cos it makes you happy!!

For someone who is not a fan, I could say many things about this enthusiasm. I could say that it’s not worth it. I could say that it’s a waste of time. I could say that the footballers are earning millions and you guys still earn as much as u do now. I mean, where does this fanaticism bring you? Yeah, I could say all that. But guess what, I won’t say all that. Cos I understand what u guys feel. The saying goes, “Never get between your man and football” is an enough remark that guys do need their time to really entertain their passion on the manly things. We ladies don’t have to understand why. Just give them their own space as they would do when situations need them to.

I made a few funny statement in Facebook like “The ladies are wondering whether of their they would lose their men during World Cup”….Hahaahaaha. After a few days since it first started, actually it isn’t that bad. The guys are still going on the same pace. They still go to cinemas and they still have time hanging out with their friends. Just that, when the matches are on, they could be found glued to the screen instead of sleeping. As a result, World Cup could steal their sleeping hours from them. And lack of sleep leads to other things like waking up late, not having the same drive and energy to go to work and maybe result in less progress at work. Then I made a post at Facebook again this morning saying, “I'm sure today is the Monday full of swelling eyes from lack of sleep. If any less progress in work, do you think your boss will accept "watching world cup" as an excuse? Hahaaha...Anyway wish everyone a good day ahead :) (Say no to Monday blueS) hehe”

So I guess, considering that it comes only once in 4 years, I think u guys just go ahead and entertain that craving for football cos my concept is – Do it because it’s not wrong and it makes you happy – Go for it!! Enjoy the month away and make sure you don’t regret a bit when this month passes. Wish everyone an awesome World Cup fever…This fever is different cos although it makes you “sick”, the only remedy is to feed yourself more and more of it! Hahahaahahaha. Have Fun! :)

No comments: