Statcounter

Friday, June 18, 2010

Do We Need Words Of Love?...That Much?

I make it a question. Most of you might think it’s ridiculous that Why do I even ask? Cos the answer is obvious. Words of Love are like a lullaby to everyone’s ears. A Sweet Lullaby that can make you go smiling all days. Who doesn’t like to hear “I miss you”, “I can never stop thinking about you”, and not to mention the ultimate one – “I Love You”. I mean, am I crazy to ask if we actually need these words? Of course we do!! So that’s what your answer is?

I used to be like you guys too. I like hearing all those candy words to come out from someone’s mouth that send a signal right to my veins that “this guy has a special feeling for me” and I would like to be fed more and more of those words everytime as if my life depended on them. Ouch? I mean, so you guys take words of love That seriously?

If you ask me now, as you can guess, I’m not a big fan of words of love Anymore. I’m not that fond about them anymore. And I have reasons. Words of Love are here to make us feel the joy of becoming “something important” in someone else’s life. It’s Words of Love that make us realize that we are needed and loved. But Are you sure? I mean, words of love becoming so overrated that they can mislead people into believing lies and end up hurting and then even leaving a big wound in your heart. Cos the point is very simple…it doesn’t matter if they are sweet to hear, but what matters the most is Does the person who say it to you really mean it?

Maybe I have lost faith in Words of Love because they become so cheap and almost out of value. That sounds cruel but experiences taught me a lot. It doesn’t matter how good they sound but if the person who said them didn’t mean them, it means NOTHING at all. It’s a violation of human wisdom in language because just by saying a few nice words, you make someone believe that they are loved, they are special and they are missed and cared – while it could be that None of those are actually TRUE. People use Words of love to toy with people’s feelings and to have a quick solution to solve relationship problems or to talk down someone from getting angry – Yeah…you name it. But they are all the wrong reasons! We expect that words of love mean exactly as the words are saying. When someone say I Love You, that means he really does love you and you Alone! That means you expect the person to think that you’re that special that he only says the word to you and not along with many other girls that also thought they are the most special to that guy. Omigawd…now you see how words of love have fooled people.

Maybe this is why I am NOT so good with words of love anymore. I choose to. I am so good with words, mind you. I can speak words that can knock senses into you or I can relay to you some wisdom that I learn from somewhere and go straight to your heart and mind but still I don’t fancy to go near words of love cos I decided that it’s not my game. Even if I really mean something nice to someone, I refuse to use words of love because I think people have done enough violation and those words of love starting to sound so cliché and unreal and far from original.

I understand if people think it’s strange. And some people also think that I am heartless and I am emotionless when they fail to hear anything sweet that comes out from my mouth. I don’t have time to explain to people that I am a non believer in words of love – Until you prove to me that you actually “fit enough” to say them. I don’t want to bear witness of another liar who is using words of love to buy easy affection. So in case anyone asks why I take it easy when you say something nice to me, is because the Words are not alive on their own. You have to prove yourself from your deeds that everything that comes from your mouth could be taken seriously. Cos if you rely on words alone, I think people know that you don’t have to go to school to speak those words.

It’s WHAT YOU DO that tells if you really love someone. If you can stay TRUTHFUL, never cheats behind her back, be there for her during her times of needs and be the one who makes her heart cheerful – Yes you can do the list of what you can DO to make her feel loved. Guys who have so much to offer don’t rely on “empty words” that are only coated with nice language but means nothing. I REFUSE to join this league who think they can buy the world with words of love.

NOTE: So in case any of you wonder why [256] is so easy on a millions of words but so hard on I Love You, now you get the clue. Actions speak louder than words. But if you ask me, Yes, I will someday say it to the one who I think deserve it. But I will be very reserved for now. Maybe I’m just doing my little part in giving values to words of love. I hope more people will start to do the same :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi..to answer your title's question...we do not words of love that much...we need it once in a while...but not that much....true,act of love matters most...:)