Statcounter

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Beauty Or The Brainy…Or Maybe None of the Above

I asked a goodfriend this small quiz. If he were to pick between these 3 girls, who would he pick?

1. A girl who is beautiful but stupid

2. A girl who is brainy but ugly

3. A girl who is stupid and ugly – who is in love with you

Who would he pick?

A few guys whom I asked this little quiz, some had a pretty hard time giving answer. Some answer number 1. He said that “I send her to school. She can learn and be intelligent.” And some who answered number 2 said, “All women are beautiful if they know how to groom. So I’ll take her for a makeover and she’ll be beautiful too.” And some shot right at number 3. I mean, like No Hesitation at all. “I don’t care if she’s not beautiful or not brainy – As long as she loves me.”

In reality, if you ask any guy, they would NOT obey any of those choices. They WANT IT ALL. They want to be with someone who is beautiful and brainy and then in love with them at the same time. The question is…Can you have it all? It’s not something unheard when you saw someone who has a girlfriend with all the quality. But when you ask the guy, it’s rare when they say “I have it all”. They usually have something to complain about their woman. But surprisingly, you can hear a comment from a guy who has average looking girlfriend to be saying that “She’s everything I want.” If your girlfriend is beautiful, or brainy – Trust me, there’s always something you will be unhappy about. Yes, even if she’s already “all that”. So what do you guys want, actually?

I heard it from some guys who are obvious about What kind of woman that they want to be with. I remember this rich guy who asked me first, “256, tell me what kind of guy you are looking for.” Then I went on and on with my list of criteria. Almost hard to stop. When I was done, then I asked him. “What about you? Do you want to tell me your list now?” He said, “I don’t have a list, 256. I just want one thing. I want to be with someone who loves me with all her heart.”

So back to the little quiz above. That quiz is almost like a joke, actually. Picking someone to live with, isn’t as simple as that quiz. You want This much, but your options might just be That much. Cos as you mellow with the years, you become even more clearer what you really need in life. You want someone who would not mind sitting beside you in case you fall sick and you have to stay in bed for a few days. You want someone who would even lift you when you can’t walk or bathe you when you’re too sick to do it on your own. He told me all that. It made me thinking for a while. This guy has a lot of money. With his wealth, he can date the brainiest of all the beauties. But yet, he doesn’t pick any of those as his criteria. Cos maybe he went through a lot in looking for the girl who has EVERYTHING, and he could find many who are pretty, or maybe brainy too, but maybe he finds it hard to find for the girl who loves him for who he is, and not his money. He told me, “I can pick any of those pretty girls, but what if one day I am not rich anymore? These girls would definitely leave me.”

So that’s what I told my goodfriend, whom I gave the little quiz. “The quiz is just nothing. But on your way to find the answer for the little quiz, you realize something that – It’s not because of what your eyes tell you. Not even a girl’s love can confirm you that you find what you’re looking for. Love is more abstract than that. When it’s Mutual, then only the magic happens. You love who loves you… Regardless the beauty, or the brainy. When you love, you don’t need all that reason. So the key is…when you find the person who you love and love you back --- Make it last…cos what you have is what other people are still trying hard to find. :)

Note: Don't ask people who and how you love. You love, you define :)

No comments: