Statcounter

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Gift Of Life

Since end of May, we heard a few bad news about the people who left for good. It started off with my sister’s colleague’s husband, and then my own colleague’s mom. and then another and another relative to the people at my sister's workplace. The most shocking one was the loss of my mom’s boss who left them without goodbye. He left in the middle of incomplete office works. He thought that he could always have tomorrow to get the job done. My heart was struck again and again when I learnt about their demise. I felt so sad inside. I remember my mom’s boss. He was always in the topic because of his attitudes, his family lives, and then how strict and sometimes lenient he was with the workers. He called my brother a week prior to that, telling him to apply for the engineer job in his department and he was willing to help as much as he could. My mom also said that the boss was not really health conscious. He was the type who didn’t like to see the doctor and get treatment. He even said to them that, “I could be gone anytime,” because of his heart problem. So he actually foresaw the time when his disease came to the peak and just simply took his life. Maybe he had the same thought about, Enjoying Life As Much As You Can. Getting treatment would only delay life – when the ending could never change…The End of LIFE…and that’s DEATH.

I paused for a while and tried to reconnect back my senses. With all these gloomy news that cover the atmosphere at the offices and homes where someone gone for good…I recalled back that LIFE is so short, and that’s not all – It could be taken away from us in a Split Second. I didn’t know whether I should grieve, or I should complain, or I should ask questions – I really didn’t know what to do. One thing for sure, I felt so bad inside. I felt so sad. “No this could not be happening.” I am not sure if they could cope with the loss. Losing someone from this earth is just so painful to whoever involved.

Then from all that, I started to think all over again HOW PRECIOUS this life is. HOW PRECIOUS AND PRICELESS this life is. We always complain about our problems, our arguments and millions other things that often bother us daily. Now I could see HOW SMALL all those are. I would like to scream, DON’T YOU GUYS KNOW THAT THIS LIFE IS GOING TO END ANYTIME? DO WE HAVE TIME FOR ALL THAT? Maybe because of my emotional episode that made me realize that LIFE IS EVEN MORE PRECIOUS than what I thought. I take a different measure to approach things in life now. I tend to connect to my spiritual being more closely than ever – that I appreciate even more the things that I have in my life. I savour every happiness that is happening in my heart and I say my thankfulness for the smallest blessing that I can recognize with my senses. I never forget to say in my prayer that Thank you Lord for such a GIFT because despite life being unfair and sometimes cruel, it is indeed then Greatest gift to be given the chance to breath and live and do what we want, with the loved ones around us and create many good memories that we can bring to the grave.

Thinking of this…we could not waste anymore times to make enemies and to make our enemies fall and do bad things to other people. This life ISN’T about all that. Come to think about it, we have so many things to do with what we like, the people we love and where we like to be – All the good things are enough task for us to complete this life that you never know when it’s going to end. All those problems that make you feel like you want to end your own life are just tiny dusts compared to the fact that you gonna lose this GIFT anytime. To all those who have gone, how I wished they had really made the best from their lives – I could only wished the best for them. But to us who are alive, please savour this gift until the last day…The Gift of Life is indeed the BEST GIFT that we are given because this is where we can take about love, friendship, family, friend, works, hobbies, passions and all the good elements that you can ever think of. They are nothing without LIFE to begin with.

Appreciate this gift…Live it to the fullest… :)

No comments: