Statcounter

Friday, February 5, 2010

Why To Get Something Means To Lose Something…

I ask this question WHY? WHY do I have to lose something just because I decide to take something into my life?

This is so NOT fair. Why 2 elements have to fight for a space when you prepare two very comfortable spaces for both of them. This isn’t about life being unfair. This is how STRANGE human beings can be by trying to create conflicts that shouldn’t be there.

I remember when I first hooked up with my ex years ago. I didn’t know how much this affected the people around him until his friends came to me and said that “he has changed a great deal”. He didn’t have time to answer them, or even have the little space to say Hello – like they didn’t exist at all. I remember a female friend, who knew him earlier than I did, and she was considered a close friend to my ex before I came – she told me she felt so upset because of his changes. “Like I wasn’t there at all,” she said. I didn’t understand WHY my ex was treating his friends like that. Was it because of me? I didn’t intend that my presence would change anything good. It shouldn’t be that way. I never actually told my ex who he should make friends with. In fact, it was him who did that to me. But if you ask me, I’d say, I don’t want him to lose his friends just because he was taking me into his life. Why Humans do something like this? We don’t have to!!! Trust me, friends will always have a special place that can’t be replaced by the our families and or lover. It’s the same with our families. Do you want to lose a brother or a sister just because you hook up with a new person? That’s not how it works, people.

Love is such a broad thing. If it has length, it must have a great length. If it has distance, it must be at least thousands of miles. We have definition for each kind of love that we have for everyone that we have in our lives. Yes, we are able to do it. If you have to freaking choose whether or not to keep your brother or sister just because you are marrying someone, How Stupid is that. They can’t take each other’s place in your life so remind them that they don’t have to fight for a spot. They don’t have to leave your life just because you have a new person coming in to your life. Please do not create unnecessary heartache cos this one is really caused by no one but you!!

I mean, if you are in the position of the Host, where one special person makes his way to the door just because he saw someone else coming in from the other door, don’t you think you would be surprised enough to ask, “Why are you leaving?” Then the person said, “I think I need to give space for those who just came in.” Then you know what I would answer? “You don’t need to leave. There’s an ample space for everyone. OK?” What if the person insists? “Sorry 256, I really think I should leave.” I would scream, “No, Don’t Leave! I mean it.” What do you feel? You think I’m kidding? Do you think I can’t be a good Host for every guest? Do you think I can’t help but give a better treatment for those who just came? No, you are wrong. I mean it when I say that. And if you think I’m happy that you think you are being courteous enough to volunteer leave the house to give space –you are wrong!! If you still insist to leave because of that, I will burst in tears in front of the other guest. That’s HOW SAD I feel inside. When I say Don’t Leave, I freaking mean it!!!

If you are in the position of either of the Guests…now you know what the Host is feeling. Don’t be stupid by making the decision for the host that you should leave. No. You are wrong. This world might be filthy and all, but there are people who really appreciate all the special people in their lives. So the line “To Get Something Means To Lose Something” is not true until you make it true. You’ll know how hurtful it can be when you become the Host itself. There’s enough space for everyone, so please stay :)

No comments: