Statcounter

Sunday, February 21, 2010

RM50 Richer or Poorer?

Last nite, I went to purchase this colour laser printer with a shocking price of RM749. Then when I was waiting to pay at the counter, a tall man carrying his kid was also about to make a payment. I thought that the cashier was punching my item cos the she mentioned the price of RM 7** but she was staring at the man. “Oh, so it wasn’t mine”, I thought. And then I saw another big box of the same exact printer that I bought was held by someone else. Then I saw mine was not far from it. So I got the idea that the man also bought the same printer. So they went off. When it was my turn to make the payment, the cashiers paused. “How come this one is cheaper and the other just now? Just now it was RM799.” Since that the cashier only keys in the price according to the bill written by the salesman who is serving a particular customer, so the 2 cashiers couldn’t help but notice the different since that the customer just before me also bought the same thing. The bills written by their two different salesmen on a same type of item is RM50 away from each other.

Then they looked at each other, wondering…”Who made the mistake?” I just looked at their little drama. Hehehe. But according to the special offer price, it was RM749. So I don’t have to worry if they gonna charge me the same price like the man, which was RM50 more expensive. The salesgirl who made the mistake explained her mistake which was not intentional. The thing is, the customer didn’t bother and just paid the amount. Yes, it was cheap for that best-selling printer. Anyone who bought it at the old price (RM1100) would think any price below RM1k is cheap. I’m wondering, if he learns that he could have it cheaper by RM50, would he complain? I think he would.

So when I made the payment, the cashier told me, “You’re lucky, you know. Everyone else before you paid RM799 for this printer.” Do you guys know what I replied, “Actually it wasn’t me who is lucky, but it’s them who are unlucky.” Hehehehehehe. Then the cashier said, “Shssss…diam2”. Hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

If I compare myself with the man, I feel like I’m RM50 richer than him. But actually, it’s not so. Because I paid the real price of the printer. It’s just pity that he doesn’t check for the price properly cos that contributes to the fact that…I’m not RM50 richer, but it’s him who is RM50 poorer.

Note: Never think that the salesmen are doing it right all the time. You never know when they make the smallest mistake, small enough for you to detect. RM5 doesn’t sound like much, but I’m sure you still don’t want to be RM5 poorer because of anybody’s mistake (including you), and now we are talking about RM50. Be extra alert next time. It’s okay to be a little whiny like that irritating [256]. (Hahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha) But at least I got the price right…hell, I don’t have RM50 to lose for a careless mistake.

:P (Hehehe)

1 comment: