Statcounter

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Memorable Valentine’s

This feeling keeps on getting good reviews this time of the year. That feeling called LOVE. It’s Valentine’s Day again, people. Although I don’t believe in celebrating this day anymore, but if it’s the only way you guys can strengthen the love bond between you and the people you love, then Go Ahead… Celebrate it.

I don’t believe in the hype of celebrating Valentine’s Day anymore because I hate to remember how I got too carried away with celebrating the day and forgot why I celebrated it in the first place. So what I do now is trying to get in touch with the REAL purpose of celebrating it. That’s why, I don’t let this day distract me. I still believe anyway that sometimes people need excuse to do something more special for the people they love, so if this day is that excuse, go ahead. Celebrate it. But don’t forget that it’s for the two of you to love each other more. It’s not about expensive gifts and dinners. Get your feet on the ground and realize that the person standing in front of you is WHY you celebrate the day. If the person standing in front of you brings no flowers or chocolates, as long as he is there. That person is the Purpose of your Valentine’s.

I still remember one Valentine’s when I received 2 expensive gifts from 2 different guys. A gold necklace and a gold bracelete. And I hate to remember it because I was so heartless and immature back then to practically keep 2 guys in my life at once. I saw it how I mocked the purpose of Valentine’s. I could preach about how I could only love one guy at a time, and I think I was telling the truth. It’s just that, life put me in a funny situation that I actually fell in the trap of betrayal and not brave enough to settle the matter. I learnt the hard way that Love is also responsibility. If you cease to love your partner, tell the truth. Don’t make someone who loves you cry because of your act of irresponsibility.

Make this day a memorable one, okay :)

Happy Valentine’s Day to all the people that I care and love. Yes, including you my readers :) ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: