Statcounter

Monday, February 1, 2010

Does Your Name Define You?

Hi peeps. Sorry for the delay. I’ve been very busy fixing something with my workplace. Still ongoing, but I need to steal some time to write this. Ok, let’s go.

Today is the first of February, we are only 2 weeks away from Chinese New Year. 2 days ago, in the middle of my busy work, I received a text message from Mark, asking me – “Have I told you the meaning of your nick in Chinese?” Then I said, “Oh, you haven’t. Let me know what it is.” Then he sms me this.

2 = Senang 5 = Tidak 6 = Datang

Then he added, "but that’s a Chinese belief, not ours, right? Just be positive". *Lols

Hehehehehehehe. Well, I am thankful that a friend is willing to find out the meaning of my nick in Chinese despite not being Chinese. But it’s just a translation, right? Oh well, that’s so thoughtful. Do I buy meanings and predictions? I’m just too tired to answer. Because all these things become like a joke to me now.

THE MEANING behind your name doesn’t DEFINE you.

Your parents can name you the holiest name, but it’s just a name that people use to call you and doesn’t make create your characters. Maybe it could help psychologically, but not more. You go ask anyone who live a bad lifestyle and maybe you’ll be surprised to learn that his real name means “Sacredness”. Oh well, now, can that name change anything? Heheheheehe

So this is what I told Mark. If anything like that does work – Trust me, I should already be a millionaire by now. I have heard a lot of “nice meanings” behind whatever that people have the meaning for. It’s almost the same with prediction, but at least prediction is something that people do “with effort”. Meaning is something less serious than that. It’s like they simply refer to a dictionary and “punish” you if you have a name that doesn’t mean good. Hahaha…No No, it doesn’t work that way.

This is what I told Mark to end the little conversation. If that’s the Chinese meaning for me nick, I take it as a challenge to prove otherwise. It’s your own hands that make things happen. Trust me if my life is miserable, it’s almost a little to nothing that it has anything to do with my nick/name. It’s must be because I am incompetent, lazy, greedy and others.

If only it’s as simple as putting a name with a good meaning can make you LIVE that meaning. IF ONLY people, IF ONLY. Unfortunately, it’s NOT so. :)

No comments: