Statcounter

Saturday, February 6, 2010

“The Gifted Writers”

Do you think that A Good Writer is something gifted? Can one attend classes and still able to be a good writer? I mean, is it a gifted talent or something can you can learn and then adapt – then get famous for it?

Last nite I came across Facebook pages of my old schoolmates and seniors. I found a few influential names and then got access to the pages of the rest of them in their friendlists. I was so delighted to see that these people are still around, and some of them really make it big in their careers.

The most interesting part is when I found out that my A-list ex-schoolmates (they are The Smarties, high achievers list) are still very much with the same group of friends. I mean, some of them used to be the A-list students back then, but it wasn’t final yet. Each of them go their own way, some landed average jobs that might not be sophisticated enough to brag about. But it doesn’t matter at all. Most importantly is that, I never really get the chance to assess HOW they could land themselves as the A-list students back then. Yeah, I wasn’t in that list. *giggles. I found out that most of them have blogs!!! Some of them are not only smart, but hot and beautiful, and still think that blogging is their cup of coffee. To my surprise, I recalled that those who have blogs were all bright English students since secondary school. Maybe it was coincidence. I wasn’t even sitting at the same class with them because their standard was higher than average students. So…let’s talk about their blogs.

To my surprise, even if they are all good in English, and they write their blogs in English, I could still feel the passion and the emotion of their writings…BUT…some are not good enough for me to want to read what I have missed. I’m surprised that even with a very good range of vocabulary, and I’m sure they have been very familiar with creative English much earlier than I am. I found one that made me want to read EVERYTHING. I could not stop because her writing is just sooo good. Compared to the rest of them, this friend referred herself as “The Ugly Friend” because she’s really the average look among the rest of the A-List students. But look at her writing skill! I’m so impressed! The fact that I know this lady, I bumped into her when I went shopping to the hypermall where she’s working, I remember turning my head to her and shouted her name with my jovial tune, and she smiled back, “Long time no see!!!” she said. Yes people, this is the owner of the blog that I found last nite. Her blog is very plain-looking to compared to mine, but wait until you read—I’m sure you could go WOW too. I smiled that I just discovered A Talent, by accident. Cos even if I have time to talk to any of them, I won’t be asking about their Facebook account or anything, let alone, “Do you have a blog?”. So, I’m delighted that I found their pieces this way.

I mean, I see that my friends and their blogs are also belong to a blog networking that they create. “Do I want to be part of that networking?” I have this thought that I wanted these ex-schoolmates know that I have a blog too and they might find something they like. Or at least, my little thought said that I want that lady to read my blog and see if she likes it. Cos honestly, I have my own taste in reading too. And I can tell if I enjoy reading something or not. As much as I think I enjoy reading the friend’s blog, I hate to admit that I also enjoy reading my own writing. But I don’t want to sound like I’m so full of myself. No no. I could read my posts over and over again and end up smiling. Cos like it wasn’t me who wrote them all. Something else is giving me the force to write something and that’s why I read my own writings as if they weren’t mine.

I came across at least 5 blogs from the people I know and I found out that – writing is a talent that HAS TO BE gifted. Although I know that none of them really tries so hard to produce a good blog but neither do we. I’m sure the lady with the superb blog also doesn’t try so hard to make her blog that good, but it’s just so good. Eventhough I can list many blogs with good template and presentation, and hers are definitely not in the list cos it’s as PLAIN as can be. It’s just black and no graphics, no nothing. Her writing skill is THAT DAMN good that I thought I came across the best blog that can make me fall in love in minutes. The pleasure of reading, the emotions, the dilemma, the rambling minds – she described it all in the simplest words and YES, it’s like watching a well-directed movie. Remember what I said about a Good Author? A good author to me is the one who can make me create a movie in my mind and as I read line by line as the movie progresses. Do you want to stop watching? Of course you don’t. That’s the sign that you come across a good movie. And wait, but we are not talking about movies here. We are talking about good blogs. Can that be enough to tell you that Writing is something gifted.

Isn’t it a waste if we fail to see how gifted we are? And even if we know, we fail to use it, it’s the same like not knowing it at all. I tell you people something. Life isn’t easy for me. I’ve been through hardships and survived emotional aches mostly due to my nature and life challenges. I’ve come a long way and still have something strong to hold on to. I have reasons why I see life a bit more differently. I have reasons why I tend to exaggerate the small details and I have reasons why I tell you that the pleasure of knowing and using the talents gifted to you by our Creator is Indescribable.

She might not be pretty and hot, but she found her strength and she uses it. And then, I also realize something else. Maybe it’s not really about the writing skills. It’s the SENSES that makes you see life in such a way that make you have thousands of interesting approach to write it down. You see your surroundings like an unfolding art that can be further appreciated if you write it down and share it with people. I found out that, A Good Writing is translated from the mind. You must first have it “created so beautifully” in your mind then the little writing skill can make you form all the words needed. My oh my – Thank God for this.

Reading a good writing is almost magical.

Yes, I decided Good Writers are Gifted. :)

No comments: