Statcounter

Monday, February 8, 2010

Is He The One?

The Valentine’s Day is coming up. I know that most of those who are in the courtship are especially very nervous and excited for the day cos this is the time that you guys gonna reveal “more” of your affection for each other.

What IF one clairvoyant comes to you and says, “She/He’s not the one for you. The right one is still out there.” What would you feel? Of course when the emotions are running high, of course you would answer the clairvoyant back, “She has everything I want! She must be the one!” Then it’s the time to ask you…

“How do you know if she’s the one?”

I have been browsing around Oprah’s website lately and I spent some time reading about Soul mates theory. Oh man, I have actually written about The Theory of Soul-Mate long ago and I have published it some time in this blog. So Soulmate theory is nothing new to me. But I’m not here to mend the theory based on other people’s opinion. I just want to highlite One Point that about the idea of our Mr/Miss Right.

We heard A LOT. And then we also ask for A LOT. Oh boy. Come to think about it, some of our requirements are not realistic at all. What we want is not Mr/Miss Right, but Mr/Miss Perfect!! Hahahahahaha. Nevermind. You guys will learn sooner or later that Nobody’s perfect! So maybe this is when you will make use of this One Point that I am going to highlite here.

According to what I read from the website that I can agree with, which I write back using my own words and understanding; - The Right One is the one who can make you progress as a better human being as time goes by. The person doesn’t necessarily be everything you want by the time you meet him, but YOU will lead him and be that best version of human being, and at the same time, he makes you progress as a better human being too.

So she might be hot and beautiful – but she doesn’t make you be a better person in the real sense of human values – it will all be temporary. Having a partner is NOT all about showing off or bragging to your friends that you get the best girl on demand. No. This is more than just superficial. If the person is fun to be with at the time but doesn’t contribute to your self-progression, I think that gonna spell the end for you guys too. Cos if that connection doesn’t exist, both of you are said NOT to be right for each other. At the end of the day, you will understand that relationship is not just meant for a year or two, but it’s for the person to stay beside you through thick and thin, and achieve great things together. Imagine what a boring and meaningless life could be with both of you are not “growing” in many senses cos life changes with time. You need to keep in pace and still be happy with each other.

Yes, maybe I have thought so long before. Though I didn’t have the proper words for it that time, but I just knew that I was holding back TOO MUCH of myself just because I dated the wrong kind of guy. I didn’t ask for someone who have the same interest as me, but at least he appreciates the passions and the talents that I have. And he just supports and let me pursue what I want. If you’re dating someone who’s “holding your breath” – Uh-oh…maybe that’s a red signal over there. Cos the longer you spend with that person, imagine how much you are wasting for yourself. We ain’t gonna live forever. So it’s not too late yet. If you’re in a steady relationship, this definitely is the time to re-examine whether or not your partner is The Right one for you to “till death do us part” with. Hehehe.

Some people who are lucky have found their match and have accomplished great things together. For the rest of us, as long as we are still breathing…the Hunt is on. So whether or not your partner is The One, now you have the clue :)

No comments: