Statcounter

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Kenapa Bangsa Kita Susah Mau Maju?


I had correspondence with an American friend since I was 17. At first, I was actually shocked by how he brought himself, how he talked about his life and his views on things around him. I was very shocked. Yeah, it was when I was 17. So you thought I had the right to be shocked just because I was only 17? You’ll be surprised. Nothing much has changed until today. We are still THERE, people.

Yeah, you guessed it. MINDSET. Of course, you guys will say that American people are westerners. How could they possibly think the same way like us, the easterners? They are the people who f*ck around with no guilt. How can you even think of making a comparison? NO, nothing about that. It’s AS SIMPLE AS how you speak of yourself, my dear friends. The first time he was introducing himself, he was already sounding VERY PROUD. He spoke to me about his good qualities, his priced possessions, his good looks…My Oh My…I was like…”Hello? Don’t you feel ashamed of yourself? You don’t just go to people and brag about your f*cking self, you understand me?” That’s what I thought back then. Then I spoke to another American pal and guess what? They sounded alike! They love to brag and speak of their winning points. I was like…”Hey, so this is how the Americans think and speak of themselves?”

Then…LOOK AT US. When someone speaks high of himself, you guys will expect people whispering at the back…”Look at that shameless big braggart. Can you believe that he said something like that about himself? That is like totally shameless. If I were him, I would have jumped into the drain and sunk myself” (*Lols). Forever and ever we are trapped in a mindset like that. Our people know how our people think. Because of this, most people rather speak about their weaknesses, be stupidly humble and refuse to admit they are actually really good in something – thinking that other people would think bad of them and start to badmouth about them and spread bad rumours about you. HELLOOO??? Wake Up! When are we gonna change? If we speak low of ourselves to begin with, that is how LOW we will end up like. Do you know the remark YAKIN BOLEH? Some people actually know that it all begins with how you SEE IT IN YOURSELF. If you think you can achieve something, YOU MIGHT achieve it for real. It’s in fact, the first step before achieving anything. You must first believe that you CAN.

The fact that the Americans think high of themselves…maybe it could be THAT SIMPLE why they are far more advanced than us. They are already speaking of how far and how high, and we are still trying to get as little as we can. HELLO?? Is anybody listening? Open your eyes! Just look at how small we can get during any seminars of courses. We prefer to sit at the back and duck down when the facilitator poses a question. Even how good you are, but that’s the way you treat yourself, do you think you are going to achieve so high? Hey look who’s talking. I ALSO HAVE THAT PROBLEM! I can step up but I refuse to. Just because of my f*cking perfectionism. I am afraid that people think my language is bad, my points are poor, my blouse doesn’t suit me right, my pants too loose, my heels too high…DAMN THOSE F*CKING THOUGHTS! And then look at you. You tend to laugh when your friend speaks broken English. If your friend is not strong enuff, he might stop speaking English at all and stops learning from there. Omigawd. Are we having a serious attitude problem or what?

Having said that I now think I know what’s wrong behind the attitude of our people, of course I do practise a bit, doing myself the favour of trying to be a step better. In the areas I’m good at, I will admit it. Better still, you show people the proof. The fact that you could waste people’s time listening to your neverending bragging, cut it short. Prove it. Achieve something and never hold yourself from moving forward. Give yourself the right testimony because you don’t just achieve something and sit in front of the mirror and enjoy your time laughing alone. SHARE YOUR QUALITIES. Let people know how much you worth. This way, I can assure you that MAYBE you don’t have to think HOW we can change the attitude of our people so that we can be as advanced as the people from the developed countries, but AT LEAST you start it with yourself first, and then the people who work with you, your friends and sooner or later, it might be the whole community. BEGIN WITH YOURSELF FIRST. Changes will happen from there. Think about it.

1 comment:

AngeL BeaR said...

aaa...biasa la tuh....bila urang do something mesti ada urang bilang "bole kah?" or "jgn la....teda dapat juga tu..." been there...but look at us now~ hehehe we prove them wrong!