Statcounter

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Someone's Boyfriend or Someone's Husband?


I asked this funny question to my assistant. Who would she pick to be a friend, someone’s boyfriend or someone’s husband?
I know what the popular answer would be. It would be someone’s boyfriend. Right?
But why it’s different from my answer? You guessed it. I’d pick someone’s husband.
Hahahahahaha. Who actually told you a I’m trend follower? No I’m not. I have a mind of my own, sorry to say. I actually set the trend, in many of my decisions. No, not boasting. (Hey, orang cakap betul, sikit2 tuduh orang cakap besar. Bila la bangsa kita mau maju)Come to think about it, why ones would easily think that picking someone’s boyfriend as a friend is more appropriate than someone’s husband?

Okay, let me answer for you. It’s because, it’s obvious that someone’s boyfriend is not tied with marriage so it would be more appropriate to befriend with him since that he’s under no legal knots with anybody. First, you won’t be accused of trying to steal someone’s husband; which could sound so cruel and sinful. Secondly, even if you’re in the position to be accused of stealing someone’s boyfriend, AT LEAST he’s only a boyfriend. You still stand a chance to be the one who walks the aisle with him, if anything goes wrong in the existing relationship with the girlfriend. So, you think that you won’t do much wrong on your side if he ends up having a special relationship with you, JUST IN CASE anything like that comes into the picture. You understand? Ok great.

Hear my answer. Why I rather befriend with someone’s husband? Maybe it has something to do with my REALITY, right? Yes, actually, most of my guyfriends are married men. *Lols. Not something that I plan. But it happens. Maybe it doesn’t just happen for nothing, right? The fact that they are more knowledgeable, matured, informative and usually, very understanding – I find them very easy to get along with. The issue of “disturbing someone’s marriage” DOESN’T exist – in my case so far. I always come back to INTENTION. My intention of making friends is not trying to steal anybody from whoever they are belong to. I remember my chats with my guyfriends and we shared a lot of information, sharing experiences, knowledge and I surely has a lot to learn from them. I don’t see anything wrong. Okay, the big question is, Why I pick someone’s husband over of someone’s boyfriend? Ahaa…you guessed it. If I befriend with someone’s boyfriend, I COULD BE in the position of stealing him from his girlfriend. And I find it quite discouraging. The fact that he is single and seeing someone, and at the same time, making friends with me, sharing nice chats with me – I find both of us in a vulnerable position…cos you never know what’s next. If he’s that damn attractive, and I know that I still stand a chance to steal his heart, I HATE THAT SITUATION. Someone’s boyfriend who is trying to get close to me is MORE EVIL than someone’s husband who does the same thing because if I fall in love with him, I might still lose him to his girlfriend. (Hello??? I’m just a normal human being, I fall in love too okay? Hahahahahahah) And I don’t have that pressure when I befriend with someone’s husband. Cos I won’t let myself see anything farther than friendship. In the case IF that someone’s husband is actually attracted to me more than he should, well, we can simply blame it on temporary attraction. He will eventually gain his senses back that he has to accept that fact that his family is above all else. So, as long as you can set limits, matured guys will usually understand and obey the limits too. But first…you must have principles and follow it. Your INTENTION must be noble. Don’t play dirty, ladies.

OK…I KNOW! You guys will say that things will not always go our way. I might get myself in trouble IF I seriously go for someone’s husband instead of someone’s boyfriend. Hello?? That is IF I were in the position to choose. But of course, I want to stay out of trouble as much as I can. My concept is very simple. No matter what you do, you must be clear of what you’re doing it for. INTENTION is number one. The rest of it…just follow your heart, use your brain and BE WISE!

No comments: