Statcounter

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The RM2 That I Still Owe Her


I remember that my goodfriend bought something through me and I had to pass the thing to her in such a rush. It was just a brief meeting at a handbag shop when she paid me the price of the goods. I still needed to give her back RM2 but I didn’t have the change. I told her, “I’ll pay you the balance through credit transfer.” I did try to transfer credit to her Celcom but rejected. I forgot that she has changed her Celcom prepaid into postpaid so I could not transfer credit to her Celcom. Her second line is Maxis. Maxis is new to me so I don’t know how to do the credit transfer. I did try to find out and I read from the internet that Maxis transfer is only for minimum RM5. I was stuck for a while and did not attend the RM2-matter for quite a while. Hehe.

The next time it was holiday again, my friend came home. She’s working at a remote district so we only have holidays to meet. I remember we hanged out at Kenny Rogers and chatted for hours. After we got done, the bill sent and my friend said, “It’s okay, it’s all on me.” So the meal cost her around RM28 per person and she was paying for everyone that time. Our tradition is we don’t usually pay for other’s food. We usually Go Dutch; everyone’s pay their own meal. It’s just that occasionally someone offers to pay so she pays. After our hangout session that time, I went home and then I remembered about the balance RM2 that I still owed her months ago. I SMS her and said, "Eh about the RM2, can I just pay it cash next time we meet? I don’t think I can transfer it using Maxis credit. (*Lols) She replied, “Okay, anytime.”

The thing is, we have not met yet since then. I still owe her RM2. Hahahaha. I know you might think this is funny. I mean, she could pay for my meal that cost her RM28, why don’t I just forget about the RM2, right? Hahaha. Or maybe you guys think that my friend must be stingy for still expecting me to pay the RM2. No No. To me we are both being very professional. When it comes to work or business deals, it’s a different thing. She could buy me a gift or pay for my meal, but that’s another thing. So this is what we mean when we say that Business is business. My friend uses exactly the same concept.

So when we have this kind of understanding, we will never backbite our friends because of money. We know our responsibility and we don’t demand or expect more than what’s necessary. In normal situation, we would just forget about the RM2. In this case, none of us feel the need to forget about the RM2. It’s just part of our professionalism. Yeah, I feel quite funny too but RM2 might sound just like a small amount of money, but it has trust, it has mutual deal, it has honesty and integrity. It’s because the amount is too little is how people can see how righteous you are in doing your job. No kidding. It’s just a test of integrity. Yes, RM2. Not expensive, right? So debt is debt. Pay it :)

No comments: