Statcounter

Friday, December 24, 2010

Do You Deserve The Gift From Santa?


It’s the 24th December 2010. I want to do a sharing that is useful to everyone who reads. Let’s do a little reflection…think for a second…don’t you wonder AS WHAT you are remembered by the people who know you? I mean, do they have something good in mind when they think of you, or is it the opposite? Think of all the good and bad things that you have done to this date, and do a rough estimation if the goods outweigh the bads or is it otherwise. In other words, if Santa were to give a present to all the good people, are you one of them?? Hahaha (I mean Ho ho ho ho..*Lols /me winks at Santa Claus…hahahaha)

One thing that I would like to share with all of you. It has something to do with “the world being round”. When you do something bad to someone, IT WILL COME BACK TO YOU. Do you guys believe that? If you think you are going to get away doing bad things to other people, today I tell you that you’re wrong. This friend’s experience really proves this. She owns a tailor shop as well as an institute. She knows this one guy for quite a while, who then became her customer. That time, the guy was as the peak of his career. He has big house and his business was running very well. He sent a few sets of cloths for his whole family’s baju Raya for that year which cost them around RM700 altogether on tailor service alone. The orders were too many so my friend and her workers had problem to finish them all on the expected time. The guy’s wife was furious because of the lateness, but they still received the clothes before Raya. My friend did all she could, even sent the clothes right on his doorstep on the night before Raya. Maybe because of the lateness, the guy and his wife got back to her. They took the clothes and never paid. Their excuse was – They did not wear the clothes for that Raya because they found out that most of the clothes have fitting problems. Maybe my friend did a mistake too because maybe she did not perform at her best in giving the customer the most satisfactory work. Maybe she failed in time management and others. What would you do if you were in the customer’s shoes? Would you just walk away without paying a penny? Or would you send back the clothes to her to mend so that your family and wear it for other occasion? The thing is, they just told my friend on the phone; about the problems of the clothes and never returned the clothes so my friend could have them fixed. As if they said it just as an excuse to not paying. They must remember something that my friend and her staff had poured their sweat and time to sew the clothes. Even if she failed to meet the expected time but the work was done. The customer was heartless enough to not even use the last bit of humanity to give justice to this matter. My friend recalled how rude she was treated when she sent the clothes at the doorstep. They did not even invite her to come in and the guy just grabbed the clothes at the gate and went in. My friend wouldn’t forget the selfish looks in the couple’s faces. She told me, “It’s okay. God is fair.” Who would have guessed that something untoward happened to the guy’s business months after that. His business collapsed because of some problems and he had to start from the bottom again. The guy even went to me asking information about certain things where he could get opportunities and bargain to start all over again. I was so freaking amazed of HOW his misconduct got back to him. He even went to see my friend back, giving totally the opposite look from his selfishness last time. My friend never spoke about the payment again and the guy said “sorry” for everything and blamed it on his wife and still did nothing to make up the unfinished deal. The next time my friend came to me again, she said this, “See that? I told you God is fair.” I’m still amazed. God shows us in so many ways that we often get back what we do unto others, just in a different form. Maybe most of you call this as Karma but I prefer to give the focus on “What you give, you get back.” Think again when you want to do something evil towards anybody. Just when you think you are living a good life, you think you can look down on others. Everything you have comes from God, so God can take it back anytime He wants.

Reflect what you have done this year so far. As for me, I think I have been in good control of “the outcome” that I bring to other people. I do remember that I sometimes reacted too emotional and maybe hurt some hearts especially my family, but thank God they understand me enough to cope with me. As the person of my job, I did the best for my customers. I recall making many of them so happy with the result of my work and I recall most of them are happy paying the price my work cost them. Of course, there is still room for improvement and that’s my job to perform even better next year. One thing for sure, I keep good hold of MY INTENTIONS this year. In whatever that I do, I always wish good things for people. I keep very little jealousy inside me and I do sincerely want to see people have their good lives because it makes me feel good too. I find that as a very good improvement in myself this year. Yes, I still have weaknesses. I still made some wrong decisions. I still picked the wrong people to get close with. At least I have learnt something and move on. I am just a human being who is trying to do her best. Now that I am reminded that if I do bad things to people, it will hunt me back – so I don’t have any excuse to do bad deeds to people. But to the people who do bad deeds to me, I always have my way to teach you back. My concept is simple. If I can’t be nice to you, I will ignore you rather than making you my enemy. I take it as my weakness that I am unable to please everyone. I’m doing my part to contribute to a peaceful community. If we can’t be friends, lets not be enemies. Psstt…in most cases, Yes we can be friends. *giggles.
So Santa, do I deserve a gift? Hehehe. Well, tell you what, just drop me a little note that “Santa was here” or something, at least there’s a possibility next year I might get myself a little gift. *giggles. I think I am more of a good person, but usually it’s my grumpiness and my mood swing that sometimes make it difficult for people to cope with me. I don’t know why I think, “geez…I can handle that”. :) Trust me I’ll do much better next year. I’ve learnt A LOT this year. I’m going to make another post before New Year, so you guys know WHY I think this year is Very interesting to me. You people have a good time, ok. Remember that Christmas isn’t Christmas, till it happens in your heart. God Bless Everyone. Halleluyah. :)

2 comments:

Rungitom said...

2010 was not a great year for me. But I learned a lot and I hope to make 2011 a better year and me a better man. I just think that the more troubles I bumped into, the more experiences I get, so I try be positive even the world is against me.

To me, you deserve the greatest gift of all. Merry Christmas, may 2011 be an awesome year for you and God bless you

"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.. True story"

Twofivesix256 said...

Thanks Rungitom...you're so sweet... :)