Statcounter

Monday, December 21, 2009

The Demanding Girlfriend



I remember talking to my bestfriend when she was caught in triangle love between two men. One man was a special boyfriend and the other one was an old classmate who always had a crush on her. My friend was in love with her boyfriend, and the other guyfriend was showing a lot of affection to my friend since college years. My friend knew that the guyfriend still put hopes on her.

My friend was one example of a very demanding girlfriend, I must say. It was actually the first time that I heard a lady speaks of how firmly she wanted to be treated as a special girlfriend. Because the boyfriend was working in Peninsular, my friend was always accompanied by the guyfriend who would do anything to win her heart. I could say that my friend was starting to have “a second thought” especially when the boyfriend didn’t care much about special occasions. The other guy was gradually winning her attention.

I remember hearing her commenting on her situation. I remember feeling a bit suspicious about my friend’s stand. I mean, her boyfriend might not be there all the way, but since he was the boyfriend, she shouldn’t just simply punish him for that. It shouldn’t be an easy excuse for my friend to just change her heart.

“I don’t know what’s with him. Even if he’s far, he must at least send me a flower or maybe fly here to surprise me – Do Anything just as long as he does something to show me that he cares. He Must Keep Me Excited if he wants me to stay. He cannot stop “trying” when he’s already my boyfriend. He must still do something to let me know that I’m special”

Then I thought, “Wow…that’s very demanding!”

My friend said that when she told that to the boyfriend, the boyfriend answered, “Don’t hope for special treatments from me. I’m not good with that.”

Guess what? She wasn’t kidding. She really dumped her boyfriend not long after for the old classmate who could provide her with all the “excitements” that she wanted. Finally she didn’t mind picking “an easy catch” to a big jaws…just as long as the guy is willing to put extra effort to show her that he cares.

Another female friend spoke to me. She was another case. She has boyfriends all over the place. I tell you, I think I should learn from them. *Lols. She told me, she has a condition for every guy who wants to be her boyfriend. “He MUST call or sms me EVERYDAY.” If he misses a day or two with an excuse, I would forgive. But if it reaches one week without call or sms, automatically he’s not my boyfriend anymore.”

Then again, I was, “Ahh? Ouch!”

Oh well, That’s Very Demanding. Hahaahahaha Most of these ladies who are fit to be called A Demanding Girlfriend are usually those who are “the ladies on demand” where at least 2 men are craving for their love. So no wonder they become that demanding right?

Or else…maybe we don’t need to be popular to be demanding. Maybe this is exactly what we should do, don’t you think so?

To the men…don’t you think we, as the most special lady in your life, should demand for a special treatment from you? Don’t you think when you are late you should explain to us why? Don’t you think you should feel guilty when you don’t return our call or reply our sms? Don’t you think you should soft-talk us when there’s something that you want to speak to us, even if it’s the simplest matter of “don’t wear that dress in public”? Don’t you think we deserve more respect, that you can’t simply raise your voice and accuse us doing something we don’t do? I mean, the way you do things to other people, don’t you think we deserve to be treated slightly better? If we sulk or pout, don’t you think you should do something to coax us and make us smile again and tell us that everything is not as bad as we thought? Isn’t being your special girlfriend is an enough reason to demand for all that?

Then after this, hopefully you don’t complain to us why we ask for too much. As a matter of fact, I don’t think we ask for too much. We deserve to be asking it all to begin with. If we can’t even ask to be treated more special than normal, what’s the point of being the most special lady in your life?

Fair enough? *giggles.

Note: Treat Your Girlfriend Good, Ok?

2 comments:

Birthday sms said...

nice observation that you show in your article thanks for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

i have a demanding girlfriend as well...are all women like that? i think it's unhealthy to be that demanding, maybe even a sign of low self-esteem. I agree that women should be treated special, but guys should be treated just as special. We're not here to serve as suppliers to your unreasonable demands