Statcounter

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

One Is Better Than Two

If you have one car, you know you will take care of it with all your heart. But after that, you have another car, do you still think you will love and care for your first car the same? Aha!! DON’T FREAKING LIE to me with saying Yes cos the answer is definitely No!!

I have asked this to my ex long before and we almost argued because he claimed that Yes, he would love all this cars. Easier said than done. But my point is, whether or not he still loves and care for the first car when he has another one to take care of? Of course, it’s humane to be greedy. My ex claimed he would still love all his cars. Of course he would. Cos having more than one cars actually feeding the greed in having more materials. But the point is, whether or not he still loves every car the same? It’s impossible. Usually he will have one favourite and doesn’t care much about the rest. That is a Wastage of affection, don’t you think?

I tell you why I think so. Because when I have one thing that I like so much, I will not divide my attention. So I can experience the real feeling of giving the best attention and care towards it. When I have another one, which could be better, I couldn’t help but like the new one better. And even if I know I’m losing touch with the first one, I couldn’t help it. I would just give in though there’s a little regret in my heart that “I wish I could love them all the same”. You get my point?

It’s no use to curse why you have to be that way because it’s a human nature, but you can do something so that it won’t steal something from you. To me, I prefer to give everything to one thing and not give anything to the second and after that. Because not only that I can give my one and only, the best I can offer, but I also feel that it’s the best it should be. I can experience and savour it so much because my focus is only on one thing. When I start to have another and then another, that feeling of “sticking to one” is gone. You start to feel disoriented and lose your focus. It’s whether you can still love all of them just so-so, or you would not love any of them at all. It’s because you can’t focus which to love more or less.

Of course it’s good to have more. But in this case where I question about whether or not you can love each of them fair and square, that one I really doubt. So you apply this in other aspect of your life too. Sometimes you become that “one thing”, sometimes you become that “second thing” that steal the attention from the first, and sometimes you become the person who experiences that you can’t never love two things the same.

It applies in anything especially when the “thing” involved is some being who has feelings. When the thing knows how to demand for attention but you fail to give it just because you have other things to divide your attention. Maybe you will understand if you become that Thing that has to suffer from a divided attention just because someone is a little greedy and thinks that he/she can still love 2 things the same.

That's why I said...

Sometimes...

1 is really better than 2 :)

3 comments:

ulal said...

kalo pasal keta ni .. keta pertama sia cayanggg wooo sbab first taim dapat bili kan .. so ada sipisil siket lar :)) mo pakai sampai mogok bah .. namau jual baitu biar mogok wakwak apa nda .. kenangan manis pahit suma ada dalam tu keta baitu dear :P~~~

Twofivesix256 said...

Yaa...me paham tu :)...cuma kan dear, WHAT IF one day laling bought a new car...laling ble jamin still love the first car the same? Nahh...ini la what I mean in this post. Bagus kalau ada lebih, tapi kalau mau harap kita sayang abis dengan yg first tu sama macam when kita hanya ada satu, mimang susah. But apa pun, me still wish my jojon can be rich enough to buy another and another car pas ni ah...hehehehe. Dia punya kegembiraan is still there but in different form...so as u owez say, yang penting hati mesti gumbira kan...hehehe :))

AngeL BeaR said...

some ppl just want more than one. nafsu only. =/