Statcounter

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Are You A Victim Of Trend?

Have you ever liked a song because it’s a song that your friends play and dance along with when you guys hang out together?

Have you ever learnt a dance just because it’s a dance that they will usually do during a wedding event?

Have you ever gone to watch a movie just because everybody talks about it?

Have you ever bought a Body glove t-shirt with the striking colour that you don’t like just because the winners for a shuffle competition wear it?

Have you ever visited a saloon and get your hair a digital perm and red dye just because you saw a lot of ladies wearing that hairstyle?

And what about that butterfly tattoo on your upper breast? Are you sure you have always wanted a tattoo if it were not because you know some celebrities do that?

What about the pc that you buy? The restaurant that you usually go for lunch? Or the perfume that you wear? And your handphone model? The cosmetic brand that for your makeups?

If it’s always because “someone else” do it/wear it/use it, before you decide to do or wear it, Ahaa…you could be so much of a trend follower. Or should I say, A Victim Of Trend?

Beware…It could be more ridiculous than what you think. You never know if you find yourself pushing your way to a stage where a bunch of performers are playing loud music, you got drown in the crowd but you fought your way to get a comfortable place to stand and enjoy the show and then pushed some smaller people out of the way so that you can get the autograph of the lead singer – as if you were one of the die-hard fans. But actually…it all made me you feel stupid in the end because you didn’t know what the heck got into you – cos you can’t even name a freaking reason why you think the guys are cool enough for you to waste 2 hours, sweating and shouting during the gig. At the end of the day, you realize that you let yourself be part of the frenzy just because other people are doing it too. So, what do you feel now? Is this worth it?

Then…isn’t it scary to find out that what gets you tired all this while is actually because you have been following trends here and there? Isn’t that TireSome?

What’s with this Trend-Victim thing actually? Don’t you guys wonder what’s with human beings that makes some of us really just let themselves be a follower to a trend without really knowing if it actually serves the best of their interest?

Aha…A funny question that I want to ask you. Since that you are reading this in my blog…are you sure that the blog you are reading daily isn’t part of this Trend thing? I mean, just because your friends like a certain blog and think the blog is supercool, then you feel left behind if you don’t join the hype. Because whenever you guys go for a get-together, everyone will talk about the blog. So, you want to have a say too. Then without you knowing, this is actually the reason why you have been following a certain blog that you follow now. Ouch? Funny, isn’t it? Hehehehehe

But a trend like this, that involves reading and broadening your knowledge and info, won’t do you harm. That’s the good thing about being a victim of a Good trend. *Lols.

Another thing…what do you think IF…you are THAT TREND subject itself? Yup, you heard me right. I thought of this last nite. I talked to one of my readers why the heck he seemed to be so fired up to “get access” to me and he said, he likes something that’s hard to get so it’s like just following the rest of the people who have been so curious about my real identity. It’s like – Let’s join this hype of finding out who Twofivesix[256] is. Oh my. Gotta be freaking kidding me.

This is nothing new to me. I have faced this since a year ago, when I started joining the chatroom. This guy was the first one who got my phone number, begged me to mms my picture. He did everything so that he could talk me down to send my picture, so he e-mailed me his. Since that he’s also known and one Unknown figure in the chatroom, he made me feel like it’s an honour for him to give me that advantage. So out of my crazy mind (or maybe not *Lols), I mms-ed him my picture. He told me, “Do you know how much bet I could have won by getting this picture of yours?”

Then I went, “Whattt???”

“If we guys made a bet who got [256]’s picture the first, I could be a few hundreds richer. That’s not included who got your number first.”

This guy actually saw this as “a game” of who’s a better talker? DAMN IT.

Suddenly I felt stupid because I thought these people want to make friends with me sincerely. Or maybe they are sincere but still this catching game is part of the thrill. I mean, I don’t want to learn another online friend I make, make all the efforts to know me, just because – “cos everyone seems to be curious about you. I’m just being part of this little adventure of getting an access to you.”

Don’t you guys ever think what I would feel????

And if I find out something like this, do you think I will give you way so that you could win yourself freaking bet or wager? NO WAY.

I don’t appreciate friendships like that. Earn it.

But anyway…if my blog has ever gained benefit from this Trend-Victim thing, I’d say why not. *giggles. It must take a hell lot of energy and time to follow this blog because of the heavy topics. I KNOW…so I want to say thanks for being sweet. Hehehehe. Maybe, being a trend follower isn’t all bad. But first, watch what trend you are following. Fair enough? :)

2 comments:

ulal said...

Have you ever learnt a dance just because it’s a dance that they will usually do during a wedding event? <------ silalunyaa sia hanya practis aramaiti jak ni kalo mo pigi event ni tau dear wakwakwak

Twofivesix256 said...

hehehehehheeheheh...bukan lagi prektis kau tu laling...kau la sifu aramaiti sana sandakan tuu hehehehe