Statcounter

Friday, May 31, 2019

Photo Day 31

Finally I make myself present at KDCA Penampang for Kaamatan for the first time! I usually dislike the idea of a large crowd and been avoiding it forever.  This time it's just so special cos I found the courage to go there and see for myself how wonderful the celebration is. That crowd is made of "our peoples" so it's a healthy view. That togetherness, I'm quite surprised cos I don't see it everywhere else. The urban KDMR actually want to preserve their heritage and they honour this day to be the day where they indulge in that. Despite all the horror story of robbery and others, people still flock to come and be there. I'm so proud of you guys. So this picture was taken by me, well I had to zoom to get this view. I was pointing at the Unduk Ngadau from Papar. She got the second place! Congrats! I also bought the ethnic shirt sold at the entrance of the hall to mark this day and that song Iziau Unduk Ngadauku by Andy Ongkino will surely remind me of this day since it's this year's theme for Unduk Ngadau state level. It's a Happy Day. 


Note: I will end my month-long photo challenge with this post. Thanks for bearing with me. Bye2 May, Hello June!




No comments: