Statcounter

Thursday, April 25, 2019

No-Flirting-At-Work Policy



So if you read my FB post today, I wrote something about passing my customers to my colleague. I think of the main reason why I did that was, their task is always urgent. Sometimes they caught me in the middle of a work and I had to stop just to do theirs. Sometimes I allowed this but sometimes it was just so disturbing. Second is Payment. The big boss is a busy man. It is always his workers who deal directly with me but the payment will be made later by the boss. I dislike the act of reminding someone of the due payment when it's not even a big amount. But it can't go for free. Until now there is still remaining balance that the boss has yet to settle. I can't keep on reminding him again but if I let it go, which I could, I rather not do any future work from them anymore. So remind me this is the main reason why I pass them to my colleague.

Secondly, I might joke and talk a lot at work, but I DON'T FLIRT. Maybe some of my customers misunderstand my friendliness, or maybe flirting is just their way of being friendly to any female. I hate the idea that I flirt with my customers, NO, I don't do that. It always started from sugary words, and then the next thing is they start to get more conversation in whatsapp outside work scope. I DON'T DO THAT TOO. I really want to be straightforward and professional with work. So when one of the guys under this same boss, starts to flirt and not even his boss dares to do that to me, I just do it my way. I only answer his text when it's about work. He should get the message clear by now but he just doesn't. When he doesn't get any response in whatsapp, once in a while he takes the chance to meet me, making these tasks as an excuse. So everytime he meets me, he will start to throw all kinds of flattery words to me, which he knows I couldn't just ignore him because it's not like he said something bad. That's his way of being friendly. I bet he does that to every ladies he meets. So it's really harmless banter to him. But it made me uncomfortable especially because I know he's a married man and he has a very possessive wife. Mind you, his wife went to my place once (looking unhappy that time) I didn't know why, but maybe she wanted to tell everyone that the guy has a wife and that's her. LOLS. I'm so glad that this No-Flirting-At-Work policy is really a wise move by me cos I don't give anyone the reason to accuse that I'm taking work deal out of the context. Garsh, why do I even have to write this? LOLS.

When he knew that I didn't want to do their tasks anymore, he realized that I was avoiding them. He said, "Kau mimang nda mau jumpa kami lagi bah kan? Jahat o kau" Hahahahaha. He would have said "me" instead of "them" but he wasn't alone that time. Even his friend noticed he was a little bit too flirty around me. Like he would comment everything from my hair, my smile, my face, OMIGAWD. That was so awkward. In fact he said something about taking home one of my photos at the wall. It left his friend jaw-dropped too because the joke sounded a bit overboard. It was all just a joke to him but he could be mistaken as if he was so obsessed with me. Hahahahahaha. Actually the guy is quite charming. He has this certain criteria that usually gets my attention but that's all. At least seeing him trying to flirt so much is still bearable because I don't hate it but I Don't like it either.

Who doesn't flirt or doesn't know how to flirt? Everybody knows how. If you know me from the chatroom, I'm a big flirt in there. LOLS. I flirt till your nose bleed (ok just kidding) but that's just me in the chatroom. In reality I'm really the opposite. And never ever in work environment. I wonder if he realizes that his harmless flirting contributes to the reason why I want to limit my encounter with him, though that's not the main reason. I have done the same thing to other customers before who creates problem somewhere and I just don't want to deal with them. I rather concentrate on customers who are easy to deal with.

Guys, seriously, can we all just follow this No-Flirting-At-Work policy? We have enough issues with our work, we can make mistake and make losses. Why not just stick to work, progress and profit? Yeah lets do that. Go flirt somewhere else, not at work. And to my customers, go flirt with somebody else, not me. LOLS

No comments: