Statcounter

Friday, April 12, 2019

"EXPECTATION"


Today I did a short counselling thru whatsapp. The same friend from the previous post came to me for comfort again. She sounded so upset with the environment of her job. She said she felt sick of all the insincerity in corporate world. What do I know about corporate world? I don't belong there. She could be talking alien language to a person like me but still I read her every words. I was trying to understand the core of her frustration in my own simple dictionary.

She said she would soon quit that job because she was tired of it. I asked her, Can you afford to lose this job over this frustration? She said she could and she would. But she needed to really prepare what to do after she quits. I remember the line, The view from the top is so so ugly, you know? referring to the corporate ladder. Actually I couldn't totally understand her because I was not in her shoes and I never been that close to her position. We just belong to two different worlds. In fact I wonder if I could really say anything that she could use in her situation. But isn't that what 256 is good at?, according to my friends since schooldays. I have this reputation to keep, okay. Hahahaha Ok kidding.

Then I said this. Actually we are just the same when it comes to making decision daily to deal with our own life dilemma. One thing that you can try, "Lower your expectation." Then BAM! It really hit home when she finally said, YOU ARE SO RIGHT!! It's my expectation that causes me all this frustration. THANK YOU 256!! 
So I got to the core of the issue. It's EXPECTATIONS. 

But it's not always easy to lower your expectations. I have a problem with this too because sometimes I'm a perfectionist but not in the right way and time. Because the result I produce is still below par. It often leaves me frustrated. In other aspects of life, perfectionism gives me unrealistic expectation. That often leads to failures and disappointments too. But you think I don't know that I should lower my expectations? You can't just Give Order. It's not with a push of a button. You have to really believe why you shouldn't expect that much. My guru is - my Happiness. Whatever makes me happy, I will make my way to it. If expectations often lead to sadness, it's time to adjust the sail. By hook or by crook, that happiness must be with us. Lower the expectation, Do That! 

No comments: