Statcounter

Saturday, March 2, 2019

This Is Maturity



I've experienced quite a lot in all the years doing my job now. At one time, I thought I've conquered everything. I know what to answer, I know how to react, I know how to do my job efficiently on short notice. The worst experience with customer was partly my fault so I took the full blame. That was the last time I remember. Everything else between that was within my control. Until today.

This customer is just...*something*. She took the time to come and review the final work. She sat there for around half an hour looking at the review. She said many No to me before, Change this, Change that, she definitely knew what she wanted. Half an hour is long enough for her to say anything similar. But instead, she sat there nodding all the time. Nodding is a sign of approval. In fact she said her approval very clearly that there's no way I could have misunderstood it. Until everything was done today and she was showing protest with her loud voice. Ouch, Seriously? As it was happening, I saw it as "a new experience I have to see". That I have not seen enough. Someone so ridiculous and out of this world. People like her do exist. 

With that loud voice as if I did not know how to do my work, I wanted to just answer her back cos I could highlight her mistake and legally make her responsible for the result. BUT I DID NOT. In fact, the moment it was happening, I already know what I needed to do. Let her have her way and quickly let this pass. It doesn't matter if she was wrong. It doesn't even matter if I lose some money. NOTHING like that matters. I have in my mind a lot of good things, something like that just doesn't add up. My happy thoughts, my gratefulness, my blessings, my everything, wow, they are just way way greater than one silly customer. Sorry for calling her silly but she will have a hard time if she behaves that way. I right away pass her to someone else, she was reluctant but she could see my resistance of not wanting to continue the deal with her. Her bitter nature is good for experience and someone else needs to deal with her. She needs that experience herself to learn more about herself. Lets take the lesson and leave.

Wow, so this is what maturity feels like. Anything that doesn't vibe, anything that doesn't sync, doesn't suit, doesn't match, let it pass. They are on their own journey too and why should we stop each other? None of us are perfectly right. We don't need to prove that. Stop denying. Stop defying. Everything flows to its own course and direction. We should only focus on what's awesome in this life. Everything else, just let it go :))

No comments: