Statcounter

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

About The Other People & Their Mouths

My dear readers, not that I think you guys don’t know. But let me remind you guys again about The Other People; they can be your neighbours, your acquaintances, your relatives, your co-workers – as long as they know something about you and your life. I know that we are bothered so much about “What people say” and guess what, I did the right thing by identifying Who These people are again.

Most of them are those who are not even related to you close enough to make them understand why you do what you did. These people won’t even feel sad when something bad happens to you. They won’t get affected even a bit. Every decision that they make in their lives, they never think about you or care what you feel. Even if it might affect you the bad way, they won’t care. So ask yourself again if the words that come out from these people’s mouths are what you should listen, and are their hearts that you should please. I think these are the right questions to ask regarding The Other People. I mean, I think we spend too much time for them. Not so sure if they spend that much time on we. Chances are, they don’t. Why should they? We are just among “The other people” in their lives.

I talked to the experienced people. When we went into the subject of “What people gonna say about this” and they said to me straight away – “Don’t talk about people who are not related to you. Even your family, your relatives will never stop talking and questioning you for every single thing that you do in your life. They gonna put you in a difficult situation that you have a second thought about what you want. Now, what can you expect from The other people who are not even related to you? Those who are in the position to have jealousy issue that you gonna do it better than them?” How Right is that!

I have said this many times in this blog alone. I have started to notice the effect of The Other People when at one point in my life, I realized that after listening too much and trying to do something that make them close their mouths, I still felt like my chase was in vain. I didn’t know why I was at a certain position, doing what I was doing. I realized that everything that I did just because I put These other people under my consideration, was just Not Me. It was pathetic to feel such emptiness after doing so much. Then I learnt to listen to my own heart because I was seeking so badly for a MEANING and I refused to feel that emptiness again. I just got up and started doing things my way and put these Other People a level down the list of my priority. After a while, I thought that it worked quite well, so I put them another and another level down. Suddenly it feels so right. I never feel so powerful when I can just practice my freedom to make decision totally on my own conscience and never care what people say.

It’s a lie if I tell you that I have absolutely stopped hearing their mouths talking. It’s a lie if I tell you it won’t discourage me a bit when they say something bad about my life. It’s a lie if I tell you they totally have no power over me anymore. But one thing I am sure of, if they are really As powerful as they were in my life, I won’t be where I am today, feeling this way towards my life and myself. It’s because I have taken very courageous move to step out of the cage and be as independent as possible in order to really live the meaning of “It’s My Life” and not “The Other People’s Lives”.

My advise would be – You can’t let these people run your life anymore. Enuff is enuff. You’re a human, it’s normal to get affected by other people but there must be a visible line that marks all you can take from them. They can make u see things u don’t see, but they also make you don’t see things u should see. Take what’s good they can offer you and NEVER EVER let them stop you from doing what you think is right. I tell you guys that I did exactly that. At one point in my life, I made a decision that nobody agreed. Everyone questioned me and thought I must have lost my mind. I have God to thank because I was persistent enough to cover my ears and close my eyes from their protests because I told myself IT’S NOW OR NEVER. You gotta do something big in your life because It’s YOUR Life, whether they like it or not. The painful part is when no matter what you do, there are always mouths that talk and predict things for you. So I accept it as “their job” so I just let them do their job when I carry on with my life mission. At one point, I was right that these people stopped talking and just accepted things as they are. Or the rest might still be talking endlessly but the hell I care. What I care now is I have the life that I want and I’m happy. If they never care about me when they do anything in their lives, Why should I care about them?

The best part is seeing them shut their freaking mouths when they have said it all and you never cared and you still did your thing and went your own way and you managed to do it all successfully. It’s Very Rewarding, Trust me. Not because you can get back to them, it’s because you can finally HEAR your own voice and Follow your instinct – which are among the hardest things to do by majority of the people. U dare enough to do it your own way? Start it now. Let them talk. You have bigger mission. Best of Luck :)

No comments: