Statcounter

Friday, August 27, 2010

Honeymoon OverExposed.

There is this one couple in my other Fb. I know the guy. I see that he has a far better life now. He’s a teacher and he has a beautiful girlfriend. The girl is also very active with Fb. Everyday you could see her writing something for people to read. I could tell that she’s not just pretty but nice too. I felt delighted to see my friend has a good life.

The thing about them and Fb, I think they are a bit too overexposed. When they first got into my Fb, they were still lovers. You could tell how much in love they were that time. The girl always wrote something sweet telling people how much she loved her “hubby”. Even the word “hubby” was still premature because they were not yet married. Well, it’s not wrong to use it but I rather not use it in public excessively. Not to put it negatively, but I think I’m just being rational. “Anything could go wrong”. I think it’s not wrong to make your personal expression of love go public but everything overdone is always not good. Especially when the Fb is surrounded by people from their relatives, friends and even colleagues at work. When your personal life goes public, people would be talking about it everywhere whenever they have the chance. Even at the shop, the work and even at home. Well, there’s a possibility right? Especially when the guy is a teacher, even his students are following the teacher’s private life. Uh-Oh!

Then they got engaged in a short period of time. All the pics of the engagement were put there. It was sweet that they share their moments. Added with day to day words of Love – they became so readable. They would tell if they gonna have dinner together, what they ate for dinner and how much they loved each other. It reminded me back in schooldays when I was drown in emotions of puppy love. I told people, I told everyone. I loved seeing that look in their face. Maybe they felt jealous or “oh gosh she’s lucky”. Something like that. Maybe because I knew how it felt, I learnt my lesson that I thought that it wasn’t so wise to make people know Everything especially when I finally broke up with the guy I used to call my prince charming. I wished I had never told anyone cos the ending was so embarrassing!

In the Fb alone, I could find so many pics of them together. Their vacation to Bali together with their other relatives, almost looked like they had an advance honeymoon. They were in love. What’s wrong with that, right? I kept quiet about my awkward feeling that this couple is actually overexposed. But hey, if it’s for a good reason, trust me I felt happy too.

Then finally the wedding day at the end of July. Now of course everyone expected MORE and more from them. Even before the wedding, we saw the Pre-wedding picture shots taken at a local wedding studio. What they showed people was “hey we could afford the best photography service in town.” I know the guy has been working for years. He must have all the budget ready to meet his expectation for Wedding of the year. I felt such a delight watching this couple. But I still think they were A BIT overexposed. Erks. Okay, maybe not.

So after the wedding day, the pics at the church were published. Not enough with their own, friends and family who took pics also tagged them with their own version of amateur snaps. I don’t know why I lost the thrill of seeing them finally in the wedding ceremony. The pics were good but I felt like watching “just another pics” when wedding supposed to be seen as something extra special. Suddenly I didn’t see the “shine” in their face. Wedding attires look like another dress. I could even say that some of the previous pics looked so much better than that. Suddenly the makeups looked so light and normal. Could it be because they were a bit too overexposed? It didn’t sound fair, right?

Looking at the pics after the wedding blessing, they even had friends and family who got into the bedroom and took their pictures with “intimate” poses. Maybe they suddenly had a taste of how it was to become a celebrity couple whose private life people want to know. They got too excited to share what more they have! They would love to show and share with the world two people madly in love just got married. And married luxuriously too; with the bedroom decorated expensively, as if they made it all ready for it to go out in public too. Well, these were assumptions. But they were not baseless, don’t you think?

“There are times when it’s gonna rain”. Married people know better. When you hear them say that the first 1 year was the honeymoon year out 10 years marriage. You think that’s short? Maybe you have not heard enough. This couple whose romance life went public in Facebook had it LESS than that. Do you believe me? Less than 2 weeks, finally the girl wrote something “harsh” in her status asking people’s opinion about “Can a broken heart go back to normal?” It was a shock to the entire community who associates with both of them in Fb (with friendlist above 1000 people) when a newly-wedded bride finally post something that is far from “love note”. When I read the comments, these people knew something was wrong with them. Then the guy also wrote something on his own status wall that looks like a prayer about asking for God’s guidance to help him through to become a good husband although the going may get tough. Oh man. This “just married” couple goes into the “mud” a bit too early, right?

I know when you read this post, u might throw strange stares at me. 256, how could you be so busybody about their life? And why it sounds like you are evaluating them? Just let them be la ba!! Erks.. so does that sound like what you have in mind? It’s just my extra Fb account, guys. I don’t use that account to comment or say anything. I just read what people write. What they put in their Fb is their own will. What they write is their own will. When you say something nice, I will feel good. When you say something bad, I will feel bad. When you share pics, I will look and say oh this and that pics look good. This is what happens when you are able to read, hear and see. You will have opinions. Moreover, I know the guy. We sat at the same table for lunch for many times years ago. I have right to give views. Knowing that I am still sane and rational, you bet I have reasons when I say they put their own love life under the limelight. At certain level, man it was freaking sweet. Anybody would envy them. But they kept doing it more and more and more. It becomes excessive. I’m not sure if the guy would be okay to hear one of his student raise hands during class and ask, “Sir, sir sama wife sir gaduh oh semalam kan? Sudah berbaik ka hari ni?” You get my point now?

What happened with the couple after the little argument that got many feedbacks, they tried to do damage control when they realized that they put TOO MANY THINGS in public. They started to feel embarrassed when they could be soo crazy in love for months, and it wasn’t even 2 weeks after marriage they finally had a big argument. I mean, wow… they could have waited a little longer, don’t you think? Erks!

I did not say it’s abnormal. I did not say they didn’t play their part good as married partners. Hell No. Some had it worse, I’m sure. But at least it could remain secret between the couples and they worked it out and settled matters without the WORLD taking part. This is private. This is intimate. You pick which to share and save some for the two of you. The celebrities would kick punch the paparazzis just to run away from limelight. They know it better HOW important privacy is especially when it comes to their romance life.

This is a lesson for everyone out there. In this Fb era, you can appear smart and dumb in a click time. You don’t have to air your dirty linen in public cos NOBODY expects you to UNLESS you make them expect so. So what you share in Fb might affect your life. Yes, Facebook is that influential. If it can make some people go on national tv or even got sued for writing the wrong things, you can anytime put yourself in the list. Now guys… people have done a little mistake. You don’t want to repeat it, do you.

Let’s all take a lesson from this. Make Fb work well for you. The choice is YOURS!!

No comments: