Statcounter

Thursday, August 5, 2010

No, It Doesn’t Have To Be Sophisticated

I can’t call myself Perfectionist because in majority of the matters, I am not that perfectionist. I am quite acceptable and reasonable in many things. But I must admit that I used to have different outlook in love life. I had the idea that Love must be something perfect. Two people live in a perfect paradise. Couples share happiness and all the good things, and nothing else. Through the years, I learnt from other experienced people that my idea of a perfect love doesn’t exist. It’s only fairytale. Okay, I’m done with that lesson.

Or maybe I’m not really done yet. Why am I still surprised when I see people who are so undemanding in love? I don’t know why I still need time to accept that Love is not about luxury, or beauty, or anything near perfection. Maybe there’s something need to be corrected with my mindset. Whoa, now you’re talking 256. Hahahaha. I’m thankful that as simple as watching others – it knocks me over and over again on the head. I saw thesepeople parading their love in the simplest ways possible, without having so much to rely on physical impressions. Yes, that’s the word. Physical Impressions.

I saw this couple who came as customers. The guy looks so much younger than the lady. He is so much younger indeed. He looks like he just finished his SPM and the lady is clearly much senior than him. I stole a sight of them – deciding if the guy was her younger brother or maybe her son. But after I saw the wedding pictures, I know they are a newly wedded couple. I saw how they talked to each other. I saw the love in their eyes. As they walked together, I could imagine that people must be whispering if they start to hold hands and stuff. From the physical impressions, it’s nothing like what would satisfy your eyes. Especially with the visible age gap, some people might even skip a giggle or two. But then Who Cares? The guy doesn’t care about that. The lady doesn’t care about that. They have gone extra miles to be with each other and now they are married. Tell me again that this is NOTHING about physical impressions. Okay, u tell me that after you tell yourself.

Then I saw another teenage couple. They are also my customers. There’s nothing much about them really. I saw couples who are both lovely, a handsome guy with a pretty girl – a perfect match. Or maybe a pretty girl with a less handsome guy, but rich. Something like that. But this couple presents nothing for people to see. They are as ordinary as can be. I saw their pictures together…sitting at an isolated stairs, and they self-took the pictures together with many different poses. I even saw some kissing poses. Kisses of love – not lusty at all. Then I looked at the girl as she was talking to the guy in front of me, My gosh, they are so in love. They are so average and yet they don’t judge each other. The guy is overweight and a little bit sluggish and messy with too much silver accessories and the girl is just the innocent looking who doesn’t even groom a bit to impress. I often see them around, walking together. The smile on the girl’s face – I know she’s so happy. I said to myself, My Oh My…

Then I saw this friend’s wedding pictures. I used to think that this couple has so much to offer in terms of physical impressions. Both are goodlooking and likable. But what I see in the wedding pictures, I was so touched by the moderation. The place was decorated in a very average way, without showing their wealth. Although they can afford much better than that, they both picked to do it moderately. But not until I saw their faces that time. It was like they were having the ceremony on the most beautiful place – the most genuine shine of delight shown in their faces. They made me see that it’s not the ceremony, it’s not even about other people, it’s about The Two Of Them and the union that they are celebrating. I felt so touched inside. How humble and yet they stood in pride because of their LOVE for each other.

Love is not something that you need to show off to people so that people can say something good to your ears. It’s not even seeing the look of awe in other people. No No. It’s not about other people. It’s about You and your Lover. It’s about the Love that both of you share. People can talk, people can tease, just let them. The magic is not happening between u two and other people, but between the two of you. Only you two know what please you. Only you two are touched by that magic so if they can’t see or feel it, it’s okay. Cos it’s your time. Go and work out that Love. You guys found the real meaning of unconditional love. I envy you guys.

Thanks for this lesson :)

No comments: