Statcounter

Monday, July 19, 2010

“…I Was Once A Waiter Too.”

Wow…whatta title! Haha. Let me make this short and simple. My friend Vic gave me another quiz not long ago. This is the scenario.

I went to a wedding party at a renown 5-star hotel and a guyfriend introduced me to this drop-dead gorgeous hunk-- who has all the physical details that make every girl drools. Okay, that’s how Vic described to me. Hahaha. The guy seemed to be interested in me and we exchanged numbers. From there, we kept calling each other and even went out for movies and dinners. After 3 months of the good companionship, one day the guy finally confessed to me his feelings. He wanted us to be more than friends. Of course I jumped at it and accepted him right away, considering that we have been spending good times for months and the good chemistry that we have.

One day, I went to work as usual. I worked in a big building where there were many other companies besides mine. I worked as a high rank officer with a salary of RM9K. So at this given day, I went to one of the toilets in the building where I heard a very familiar voice. You guessed it. It was the hunk that I dated almost every nite. I was so shocked to find out that the hunk, wearing a uniform, which tells that he’s one of the cleaners in the building (Okay, blame it on Vic’s hilarious mind Hahahahaha) and I stood there with my eyes wide opened. He looked at me with joy, yes, while holding his cleaning equipments. (*Lols). Then he looked at me lovingly and said, “Dear, remember our date tonite. Be on time okay?” In your logic mind, What would the best face expression that you can give? Hahaahahahahaha. My oh my, I could imagine myself looking as if I just got electrocuted . I mean, What?? The handsome hunk that I went out for a few months is actually a cleaner in the same building where I work? Erks!! Then another guy, which was also a cleaner like him, came and stopped while he was looking at us. “So is that your girlfriend?” Ahaa…that adds salt to the wound, as you would have guessed. Hahahaahhahaa. This is so freaking funny. Vic, I don’t know where u get such practical joke. Okay nevermind. Then the question is,

“Would you still go out with him that nite?”

I paused for a while and answered to him. “YES.” Of course Vic tried to make me regret my answer by reminding me, Omigawd he’s a cleaner and you’re a high rank officer!! Aren’t you ashamed?? So I continued. Of course I would be shocked. But I think I would get back to my rational thinking after a while and Yes, even if I gonna do something cruel, I would still go out that nite. I would use the time to clarify EVERYTHING. Although it was not logic that I didn’t know his job and lying was not an issue in this scenario so nevermind, I just went ahead and entertain such question from Vic. *Lols.

So the issue is – I work as an officer and he works as a cleaner. What would my friends and family say? What about my staff and my bosses? I would be a laughingstock for dating a cleaner. Yes, that’s the general idea that comes to our mind. But I think if I were really in that situation, I won’t get panicked first. Cos Vic told me I earned RM9K from my position so isn’t that a big amount? And the hunk, with his physical qualities – Oh man, it doesn’t take a genius. Yes, he might work as a cleaner for quite sometimes, SO WHAT? I’m not that silly to punish someone for a job experience. I think that even Donald Trump started somewhere and he didn’t just pop out and be the multi-billionaire. So my first mission would be – UPGRADING my guy!! I could change his career with my influence or with the money that I have. I swear I would do that. Do you think I’m silly to dump such a guy just because he was once working as a cleaner? So Vic was surprised with my answer, again. Mine was unlike what most of his female friends’. I gave a totally contradict answer. But I’m sorry. I am way too rational.I could not go wrong with this one.

So the issue next was the reaction of my friends and family, that even after I have turned him into a manager of a newly-formed company, but still his past as a cleaner could still be raised. Imagine during an event , a relative came to me and said, “Is it true that I heard your boyfriend was once a cleaner?” What would I answer? I would answer, “Yes, what’s wrong with that? I WAS ONCE A WAITER TOO” So with that, I could close every mouth that talks in envy. If I have achieved somewhere now, people don’t care if I have once worked as a waiter or even a cleaner or anything, you name it. So I would tell people I was ONCE a jobless too and I started off by working as a waiter and a cashier and even shop assistant and LOOK where I am now.

You see…small issues like this become big when you listen too much from other people’s mouth who still talk even if you are A Wonderwoman or A Superman. It’s their job to talk. If you stop living your life or you let this stop your happiness , Pity on your ladies. If you want to know, I don’t mind dating an SPM leaver. I don’t mind if he failed his Maths paper. I don’t mind if he has a certificate in typing and nothing else. Cos those past certificate you don’t bring with you or post it on your forehead. Trust me people don’t care. If he can present himself well, he has a job and he has positive attitudes in life, YOU CAN KEEP your certificates cos I don’t want to know. I almost argued with my sister a few days ago when she thought I was being funny that I said I didn’t mind dating a guy with only SPM, provided that he has a current job. It doesn’t matter if he doesn’t work as a manager or a director. My oh my, what do you people expect? We don’t bring ranks and positions to the grave my dear friends! You can gather all the men with positions and lets say they are ready to be picked by you – Call yourself lucky if you can find one that you think gonna be a good lifemate to you. The fact is, it’s not easy! So if I find one, but he has not yet achieved anything , I tell you if that stops me from dating him, I would break all barriers and use my advantage and hopefully I do something that makes people happy. Cos to me, I DON’T CARE what people think when I’m happy with who I am, what I have and who I have in my life. That’s all that matters. So to all of the guys out there who are embarrassed with their job…if you have a positive attitude, you can go far. It doesn’t matter if you start as a cleaner. To me your humble heart will make you A Dream Guy to many ladies out there. :)

*giggles.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Hi 256, nice blog and enjoyed ready your eloquent posting. Very interesting.
Women with long hair always look good.
You have a pleasant week and keep a song in your heart, Lee.

Twofivesix256 said...

Thanks Uncle Lee...hehehe :)

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace claudia.