Statcounter

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Forgotten Chapter

If you ask people, “Are there memories that you really want to forget?” Some of them would pause for a while and say, Yes. I wish to delete some memories. I don’t want to remember them. I wish to forget them as if they never happened. Yes people, most of us have bitter memories that we think are not worth remembering for and we would like to have an Empty Recycle Bin button so we could lose them forever. That’s how badly we want to erase some memories from our mind.

If you ask me, I am not quite sure what to answer. All the bitter memories could have contributed something to my life and who I am now. Is that fair for me to wish that some memories never happened? But if I have to be heartless and speak without much thinking, there are short chapters in my life which are only “fillers” and just there to add havoc to my life but didn’t mean a thing to my current life. I mean…even if those chapters are gone, I think that I could still be as happy as I am now. But am I just trying to take my frustration out on those chapters that I want so much to forget?

These unfortunate chapters could be as simple as short encounters with some people who you think gonna make it big in your life, but turned out to be some unlucky demons who only wasted your time. I mean, it doesn’t matter how it started, but if it ended really suckky – you thought that u won’t mind if the whole thing never took place at all. What if it took about a few month, or years, -- Just to see it all down the drain. Suddenly your life is back to square one. What those memories are for? They just recorded some laughters and good feelings of hovering around cloud nine JUST to end see all those becoming nothing but a big Fake lie. What do you think?

Then the most interesting question of the day is…WHAT IF…you are that chapter that are desperately wanted to be forgotten by some people who were there in your life once? What if you are that unlucky demon who brought nothing but poisonous laughs that people don’t want to remember? You see…my hyper mind makes me thinking for a while….am I or am I not in any chapter in someone’s life that the person wants to forget? You can think about that too and see if you have done something really bad to someone that lands you a place in The Forgotten Chapter.

What if YES? Are you going to feel bad? Let me answer for myself. I think I have done bad things in the past that hurt some people. It’s either because of my immaturity or maybe I wasn’t sensitive enough or I wasn’t competent enough to meet people’s expectation. If you think I am going to be on my knees for “Please don’t let me be in that forgotten chapter” – Guess what, I won’t. Cos I will accept my weaknesses and how they have affected people in my life. If I have ever hurt some heart that cared for me or have loved me in one way or another because of my limitation as a human being, I hope that God will show them the way to forgive as God has shown me the way to forgive people who have done wrong to me in the past. Can we really forgive and forget everything completely? I guess some wounds would stay and the scars would be around for a long time. Just that….it’s just scars and it’s just a sign of hurt in the past but the scars don’t hurt anymore.

If I were to write a book one day…I hope I have the courage to write all the chapters in that book, including one chapter that I name as The Forgotten Chapter. Come to think about it, we won’t even write that title if we really have forgotten about that chapter. So you know…The Forgotten Chapter might just be a little pinch that you don’t like to remember but you would not mind reminiscing it cos like it or not…it could be the chapter that taught you more than the sweet ones. :)

No comments: