Statcounter

Monday, February 3, 2014

The Logic Of Getting Good Rest, Now Not Tomorrow

I was having stuffy nose since last Thursday. I knew it that it was caused by too much coldness at the office. I have issues with the temperature lately and just that day, I turned the fan to 5 and I was too busy talking to a friend and I let the coldness got to me. I got stuffy nose just after I went out of the office that evening. So that was how I got the disease. Stuffy nose doesn't sound like anything serious, does it?

But it affected me quite badly too. Runny nose at night. Difficulty in breathing. Fever. Darn. So luckily it was CNY holidays so I gave myself 2 days off. I managed to cook our CNY lunch without having to infect everyone with the virus, cos the disease kind of laid off during the mid day so the runny nose stopped for a while. I made sure that all the utensils were clean after using them. When it was night time again, I started to get dizziness and I could not be as hyper as I always was. So I should spend sometime at work during Sunday to get some works done, but I did not. I also did not go to church today. My family thought it was just another lazy day for me, but no, it's more than just that.

Even tonite, I did not touch any of my work. I have loadsa deadlines by next week, and why the heck didn't I start doing them? I spent my whole day, sleeping, cooking a bit and then sleeping again, without guilt. I always know that health is more important than anything else, in the long run. If I don't get enough rest, I might prolong my illness for a few more days, and guess how many works will get delayed or not done well? So, it's okay to sacrifice some time to HEAL. No matter what kind of guilt you have when you spend the whole day sleeping instead of doing anything progressive, but the answer is NO. Without your health, you are not 100% in your brain performance, not just physical. So more will be affected the longer you become sick.

So dear friends. Remember that all the money you have will not mean  a darn thing when you are not healthy enough to spend them. You gotta be healthy first before you can function well as a human being. Go get the rest and wake up as a healthy person. Be healthy especially for your loved ones. Your existence means a lot to them. Go go get some sleep now!

No comments: