Statcounter

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sorry Routines, I Got You Ripped Off!!

Speaking of routines, for how long that you are stuck doing the same routines? Lets put, 2 years? 5 years? Or is it 10 years? That is freaking longggg. Are you or are you not fed up with those routines? 

I notice something that I was stuck with the same routine for 5 years! Imagine that! And guess what, I never actually planned to change the routines, until something happens and then the next thing, I have ripped them off! What, isn't 5 years enough? 

These days, I have time to watch tv. For all the years I have my tv at my workplace, I never actually make use of it except for Sundays. I remember telling myself, I must have missed lotsa nice forums or talkshows, some really good home deco shows or dramas and other things; things that I enjoy watching. I mean, I got a lot of inspirations from watching a good tv show. Without me knowing, I am starting to include that in my routine now. Back then I spent too much time going online. Even at work, I was always at the chatroom, and chatrooms aren't getting busier. I had that silly routine to just be around at the chatroom seeing a silent chatroom, peep everytime, and nothing fruitful. Only a few fun chats once in a while, which happened only once or twice in months. Without planning, I have passed that habit out of convenience because suddenly I realize that my work needs a lot more attentions, and I don't have enuff hands on them so I should do something about it. I don't have to get my eyes glued on the tv, and at the same time, I have my work done. I don't go online during the day surfing the net, just enough with Facebook for the latest news and get up to date with my friends, business and others which I can do through my phone. I will surf the net to download important things when I am at home after work. That's a pretty new way of doing things but I am adapting. Not bad, so far.

Now I have more restime at night. Altho my sleep hours don't sound right because of the 2-hour evening nap that breaks my sleeptime into two parts. But I guess, I have more things done and I have the choice to do more chores, instead of just giving excuses that "I don't have time, sorry". Darn it. Our routines actually take our time selfishly and some of them don't even benefit us, so why do we still keep them?

So if you think your routines have been holding you back from maximizing your life, you too should do something about it! I guess that, whatever we do, we do for the betterment and progression of our personal life. Only we know what works on us. Maybe with the change of routines, we can actually be wiser in thinking, and we create more rooms for improvements. I believe that. So, lets make this Year of Horse a year of "self-improvement" in a bit more aggressive way, hopefully that we achieve twice or thrice in self development too! Run, run like the horse and may we accomplish wonderful things this year!

No comments: