Statcounter

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Is Something Wrong That I Don't Miss School?

When I saw some parents sending their kids to school, I look at the kids and saw that blue pinafore, or orange school bus, pheww. I am seriously not missing school. LOLS. Ah, why is that?

Those pinafores and orange school buses are just among the things that remind me of schooldays. I remember having to wake up really early, when it was still very dark. How could a toddler me handle it that time? It was so much pressure having to dress neatly, ironed my clothes everyday, putting thick haircream to my hair so it could look neat etc. That uptight feeling to be at the classroom, not to make too much noise, or when the teacher asked me a question I didn't know, the risk of getting laughed at by my friends etc. Plus, I dislike the feelings when I had to put too much constraints to myself so the teacher would not be angry at me. 

By the way, I do remember the good things. I remember my playfulness and carefreeness. Worrying about nothing like what adults like us worry about. I do remember my glorious days as the respected student, how I got my flying colours results, how I got congratulated, how I became the prefect, and the only girl class monitor, Yeah...they will remain as my sweetest memories. But then, if you ask me to repeat those days, I'd say No, once is enuff.

Now when I saw my teacher friends with their workloads and neverending complaining about student performance, I feel a bit dizzy. Hahaha. They remind me of schooldays again. Deep inside I feel So Relieved that those school things are behind me. Uni years, ah, I don't miss them either. LOLS. Especially the pressure to make presentation at the front, or the stress during examinations. Just thinking of all the tension, I could just throw out. Seriously. 

Of course, one thing that I miss is the good times with the friends. Schooldays are like the arena for friendship memories. But still, if you ask me, it's not enough to make me want to go back to schooldays. I guess that it has done its time, and enough is enough. So when I look at those students and parents when they are nervous about PMR/SPM results, it makes me even sure that I DON'T miss schooldays!! No Thanks! Hahahahaa

It's funny when I can find myself saying, Thank God, schooldays are over for me!!! One reason I can figure out is that, I just love what I am doing right now. My life is really far from perfect, not even close to good to some people, but I can manage having this kind of freedom doing what I do best, doing my choice, and I don't have to consult and be too careful with my decisions like before. I can just go out there and get a bit crazy with taking chances and explore possibilities. 

To those who are still at school, no matter what I said about it, one thing for sure, schooldays are one of the most important phases in someone's life, so now you are creating a part of yourself that you gonna bring with you. So you must do your best and enjoy building your personality. While you are still at it, Do Your Best! Lets hear from you when you finally leave schooldays like us, I'm sure you have better things to say! Hahaha. Go score with flying colours!


No comments: