Statcounter

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Old-Man Charms

Johnny Depp

Old Man…? Gosh…How lame, says the younger people. Hey hey…I also thought that way before. I could never understand why some younger ladies go for older men…I mean, when you hear the story of how these young ladies gave everything to be with a much older man, you go, “What the heck!!” Yeah. I was one of you. Younger guys and girls both may not understand what’s with the old men that make them attractive to younger ladies. 

Why Siti Nurhaliza pursued her love with Datuk Khalid, knowing that her presence would wreck Datuk K’s marriage? She first made me think why a lady would do that for someone who is 20 years older than her. I identified her most logic reasons and I finally understood why she took that decision. Datuk K is a very rich person, good looking, with an attractive personality. I could imagine seeing him through someone’s eyes like Siti. Yeah, very logic. BUT… I have never genuinely felt the same way towards any older men I have ever associated with. My old men customers were always very annoying. To be a womanizer in the age above 40 looks really sucky to me. They are supposed to be thinking of their family and kids at home, and not trying to hit a younger lady. Damn it, it’s annoying. I never imagine getting impressed by older men. The few of them who I got to associate with didn’t give much of a hope for my impression to change. All in all, the case of meeting someone like Datuk K is rare! (*Lols)

Siti Nurhaliza & Datuk Khalid

Here comes the raunchy part…hahaha. Last December, I attended a course at a local hotel. The participants are from different generations. During the ice-breaking, I spotted this one guy, wearing a jacket, got a special introduction by the Facilitator because of what he has achieved compared to everyone else in the hall. I believe the guy is 40+. We got to mingle around when we were divided into groups. I finally got into the same group as that guy. I was sitting beside him. Gosh! I don’t know why there’s something about the guy. The way he speaks, gently, how he smiles, sweetly, and how he stares - all contributing to a kind of personality that caught my attention. We were given a quiz by the Facilitator and I saw it how he made the decision as the group leader. He only turned his face at me a few times when he asked for opinions, just like he did to the rest of the members. I like that! He did not show eagerness trying to make some stupid move most older guys I met did. He really won some points in decency. I did not speak a lot during that group work. I was trying to study this man on why I could find him attractive. Speaking of his appearance, he doesn’t look like some cranky 40sthing guy with bulging belly and fatherly look. He looks mature, but energetic, neat, and yeah, he does have styles! He associated the most with the guy beside him, and not trying to speak to the younger ladies there. That was really decent to my eyes. I like how he reserves himself in a sophisticated way. But no, I can tell he’s not some classy guy who is trying to fake impressions. That’s some raw evaluation on him. After the course ended, I just remember him as “that attractive man”. Suddenly I forgot that he’s a 40+! Hahaha. Damn it, they said, Age is just a number, how could I forget! *LOLS

Keanu Reeves
After 3 months since the course ended, who would have guessed that THIS MAN went to my workplace accidentally? And it happened just now! Hahahahhaaha. When I turned my face and saw him, I was like, “Hey it was you!!” Hahahaha. He looked at me with “that goaddamn smile”. Oh gosh, as he spoke, I remember his decency all over again. The language of his eyes showed me that “you cannot mess with this man” and all the questions that he asked me, no answers surprised him. He often nodded with a smile, accepting all my answers. The difference was, he paid all attention to me, unlike during the course. The way he looked, my sensor detected that he did enjoy talking with me. Suddenly he had to leave because of a phone ring and after a while, he came back… saying this to me…


“When can we go out and have coffee?


Then I was like…Ah?? Of course I answered him, “Go out? For What??” *LOLS.

Then before he left, he said to me, “You have my number. CALL ME.” 

I just saw him left. I mean, that guy, whom I find some reasons to admire, actually accidentally came to my workplace and then suggested that we spend some time for coffee. Hahahahaha. I call that hilarious.

Only my version back in schooldays that would jump for joy when an attractive guy asked me out. But I left that era long time ago. I receive many kinds of invitations like that, from my guyfriends, my guy customers – you can count how many that I have actually taken seriously and how many that I actually agreed to sit down and have private time talking with. Almost none. Only to my best guyfriend. That’s 1 to count. But finally, an invitation from this man made me smile, and appreciate. 
Jude Law

The best outcome from this little incident is – FINALLY I understand how an older man can look attractive in my eyes. And we can’t generalize them by saying that ALL the older guys are not your type, and not gonna catch your eyes. UNTIL YOU PROVE YOURSELF WRONG.

*LOLS

Note: This is very raw. I don’t take this attraction seriously in a way that it could affect my life or something. I’m sure he’s married (gosh, you mean how could the ladies leave such an attractive guy still single? *LOLS) and he should at least know if I’m seeing someone. All in all…attraction doesn’t have to be more. It could be just good friendship. But again…never underestimate a guy outside your league. You Never Know. Hahahaha . “Older Men Not Your Type?” – Think Again, LADIES! Hahahaa.

No comments: