Statcounter

Friday, March 4, 2011

A Doll Is Beautiful, But....


Dolls are toys. Some of the masterpiece dolls really do look so good, not even the kids but also the adults adore their beauty. Just that,the kids admire the dolls' beauty thinking that they could become pretty like them one day. They start to have many kinds of fantasy of how they are when they grow up. The adults understand better that yes, dolls may look very beautiful, but they are just dolls. You grow up to be someone, and yes you may be pretty, but you can never look like those dolls.

I found this new story about a girl name Wang JianYun creates cyber sensation when "her pictures" were widely circulated around the internet. What got public attention was her "Blowup Doll Look" and she has succeeded in sending the South-Koreans guys went ga-ga when she became the most searched name in the country's most popular search engine, Naver.com.

Her "unreal beauty" became a debate whether or not she was a human or just a doll and all this hoo-hah ended when those who initially praised Wang's blow-up doll appearance seemed disappointed in her after it became known that her pictures were photo-shopped. Many even vilified her but she really doesn't deserve all the hate comments and remarks. Amid growing controversy, Wang has shut down her personal blog.








The most interesting part of this story is that it shows that people DO have extraordinary fascination towards doll-like beauty and when they finally find out, instead of just admiring it, they actually question whether it's real or not. At the end of the day, they realize that DOLLS ARE BEAUTIFUL, but...

THEY ARE JUST TOYS AND NOT HUMAN.

Being humans, we need human touch. Real touch of emotions and feelings...and reality. Yes, even if  they are not as beautiful as the dolls.  Dolls are made to be dolls, and humans are humans.

By the way, this is finally the revealed picture of Wang JianYun. I think she's just having fun and she didn't mean to mislead people that she's some blowup doll replica. The photos above look "plastic" though, even the skin and the body "are not alive". So, don't blame this girl if you are one who are obsessed with inhumane beauty. In this era of photoshop, you can do just about anything with the proper skills. 



So I think that most of you agree with me when you see the real human behind those dolls. Yeah. she might not be as pretty as the dolls but in human version, she's already very pretty.

Let's celebrate the Humanness in us.

Trust me with all that we have, the dolls are more jealous at us than we are at them.
(Cos they only have beauty and we have almost everything else they don't... especially LIFE :) )

NOTE: Suddenly it crosses my mind that some of my online friends might think of me as "some character" who are fun and all, but "I AM NOT REAL" because of my internet identity.
Sometimes I feel that it's my fault because I'm using this approach but a lot of times that I think I do the right thing...but there's a price I have to pay


Anyway...Pssttt... "I'M REAL" :)

2 comments:

rizal said...

Sepanjang baca ini post, 'Anyway...Pssttt... "I'M REAL" :)' <-- ini words yg sy cari n at last.. :) But heyy, they look real! Cis, tertipu jg la sekejap.

Twofivesix256 said...

hehehehehe...I want to say thanks, but definitely not for the part when you said you tertipu kejap...hehehe... anyway the beauty is to be appreciated...who knows in the future there will come some human who are originally with doll-like beauty - cos when we finally find one, it only tells us how that with God's power, everything is possible :))