Statcounter

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A WonderWoman, If Not More...

I was looking at a woman. Do I know that woman entirely? Do I have a tiny idea about the hardship that she had gone through? And after all the years, does she feel good about her life?

Life difficulties are nothing new to her. She had to quit school – a short schooling years that recorded how she was teased as if she was some ugly duckling – simply because she couldn’t afford fancy clothes and anything to groom with.

She might not attend higher education, but being an elder sister and the only female in her siblings, she learnt about responsibilities much earlier than normal girls.

Got married at a very young age, she became a wife when she was still in teenagehood. Some people might think that she didn’t get to enjoy the moments of growing up like a free teenager, but now it gave her the edge. If she talked to some housewives who are struggling with housework, kids and not earning anything on her own, she would say, “I’ve been there”. And talking about the working women who has financial power in her hand, she would say, “I’m one of them.”

She’s the strongest woman that I have ever known my entire life. She hardly cries a tear in front of us. She is just the symbol of strength, and although we are always tempted to say that we know what is better for us because we have certificates, but when it comes to her strength, it’s the kind of strength you get in no pills or gyms. It’s the strength that she builds from the years since life has started trying the limit of her patience. She is always very cool with her thinking. She doesn’t take hasty decisions that she would regret. She doesn’t scream and shout like a mad person even in the times of conflicts. Not only that, even on the day we lost our grandpa, I caught her finding a hidden place and stealing times to cry and that’s it. She never burst into tears in front of her children. I could understand why. How would her children be stronger when she becomes exemplary of the weaks?

Another thing that I adore about her is her courage. If there’s anybody senses any courage inside me, it might just be a tiny portion of what she has, and that tiny portion is also from her. I don’t have it, I borrow it from her. Although she won’t be able to write and talk so much like I do, but she surely is a greater thinker because she can manage her financial much better than any degree holders do. And the rational behind this is because, “She knows what hardship means.” She’s always determined with what she wants to do. It’s totally an appreciation to her independence. I also want to thank my dad because for sure it has something to do with the way my dad is for my mom to have a space to practice her womanly freedom.

Being a mom at a much younger age, she would at least find a good reasoning behind quitting school much earlier because motherhood taught her more than books can offer. She went through challenges as a wife and a young mother even more than normal girls go through. The bothering problem of alcoholism in her husband didn’t bring her down at all. With her children to raise, she thought a little attitude problem in the man that she married was not the end of the world. Or who knows what she was feeling at that time, right? She might come to her end wits too but who cares how much and how many times she wanted to quit trying. Cos what matters is, she’s still here standing strong.

As her children grow older from childhood to teenagehood and then adulthood, she might not talk so much about how much she knows how hard it is to raise kids. She argued with them, and at times, her heart got so crushed when her own children raised their voice at her just because they sometimes thought they were smarter just because, “I have a degree, and you don’t.” She has been through all that. Maybe her children don’t understand that she means well when she said, “I want you guys to achieve what I never get to achieve. And you guys may own a degree, but how stupid can a mom be when she can raise all her children so well, without even a single certificate?” Even how bad they are at times, even how hurtful the words that come from their mom, she never judges them. She always turns a new leaf and with the language of her eyes, “I will love you no matter what you have said and done wrong.” It might take some time for the children to be able to learn this unspoken language, but she said, “It’s okay, I will wait for that time when you guys finally understand.”

Yes people, you get me right. This woman is my mom.

When you have a mom like this, it would feel very wrong to just do something that would embarrass her whole effort to bring us up. As I am writing this, I realize it even more that I might have a lot to complain about the outcomes of my life, but for all the good points, I give most of the credits to her. It’s through her that I understand that LOVE from a parent is unmatched. When the whole world is judging you through your achievements and looks, a mother will always love us for who we are eventhough we are only the ugliest creature on earth, or the most pathetic master of failures.

Being the most difficult child to handle in the family, my mom finally gives up trying to mould me, instead she’s trying to understand and accept my way of doing things. This is what our mom does for us. She always tries to do her best for her children. And let’s not forget, without HER, you and I won’t be here. It’s because she survived the ultimate pain to bring us to this world after the 9 challenging months that makes you and I see the sunshine today. Maybe not all of us are brought up in the way that we can comfortably show our love to our mom but it’s not necessarily by words that we can tell her how much we appreciate what she has done for us. Simply with the shine in our eyes, she could understand what we are trying to say. She can even understand us beyond any languages simply because the blood that is running in our body comes from her.

We don’t need to wait until a freaking day like this to tell our mom how much we know that she has done so much for us. But it’s good that we have a day like this because at least we can hide behind the celebration of the day – “Mom, I give this to you because it’s Mother’s Day – but SHE KNOWS my friends, SHE KNOWS that maybe we are too embarrassed to just do something extra for her at any ordinary day – just because we know THERE’S NOTHING WE CAN DO can EVER be ENOUGH to replace everything that she has done for us.

To My Mom and to All The Courageous Mothers in this world…

Maybe the word “WonderWoman” is created for you :)

Happy Mother’s Day 2010 :)

No comments: