Statcounter

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Playing It Safe?

I received a prediction years ago that Twofivesix[256] is going to be successful if she does it all by herself and not merging with anybody, not even her siblings. Yes, that was what this shaman told my parents when they showed him my IC number. It was one of the shaman’s winning point – that he could foresee the future. My parents are conservative people back then, so they usually listen to something like that. So what about me? Should I believe it?

That prediction brought smile to my face. I think it’s a positive thing. Not that I rely on superstitions, but I just believe in anything positive that people say about me. It can help me to create positive energy. It’s all the business of the mind. But mind you, after a few years implementing that way that I prefer it (which goes so well with what the shaman said was good for me), I DID NOT see the progress that I expect. My potential is not maximized. I was seen as this highly potential individual who unfortunately was selfish, individualistic and egoistic and it actually took many opportunities away from me. I refused to accept people’s ideas because I am just a strong believer in my on mind. I think I have a point to do it that way but is it the best way to go?

This year I’m going to do it differently. With a few big changes that I bravely made, I don’t see why I should hold myself back anymore. I have a chance to venture into new things and maybe combine with a willing friend, a decision that already receives negative feedbacks from my family and friends – trying to remind me that It’s Risky to collaborate with someone when it involves money and professionalism. I avoid this chance a few times, cos I WANT TO PLAY IT SAFE and I don’t want to take the risk to get cheated or get used. But after a while, I forgot that I was breaking my own rules by letting others decide for me. I mean, Why Now? After every criticism that I receive after showing people my individual courage, WHY Now that I pull myself back and talk about Not Wanting To Take The Risk? Man, that’s what I’ve been doing all this time actually!!! Isn’t it silly to refuse Another risk?

What did I get by playing safe? We only have ONE lifetime to test our limit. For example, I might hurt myself if I get a tattoo, but that’s a reward in the form of satisfaction. We always stop ourselves from doing something because of the small things that WE CAN ENDURE and miss the chance to make the changes for the rest of our lives. Isn’t it silly? We miss another experience, another adventure and thrill of life. If Playing Safe is all people do since day one, most of the greatest achievements people have achieved today would only remain a talkabout dream.

It’s because some people test their limit and get out from the safe zone then only they can reach greater height. After all the failures before, WHY DO I FEEL SCARED OF ANOTHER ONE? What if this is the lifeline that God gives me to answer my prayer that I want to go to another level – and how can that be possible if I still stay at the same playground? You guys know what…I’m going to go ahead and I will not regret a little cos if 1 lifetime is what I get, this is the chance to fail and succeed. I’m not afraid of failure anymore :) Without it, I won’t achieve the good things. Let’s try it. Get out of the safe zone :)

NOTE: To hell with predictions. Let's go straight away create the reality. *giggles.

2 comments:

ti said...

waitin til d day u reach d potential as d minister..ahak

Twofivesix256 said...

ahahahahahha citmonnnnnnnn...

Please ignore the vision of making me a congresswoman one day, citmon... *Lols