Statcounter

Friday, January 11, 2013

Distraction, Distraction ...

I managed to start doing some other better habits to spend my time at nite. I start to do a lot of reading on stuff that broaden my knowledge. I read some really powerful Bible verses, and some inspirational articles - and the more I read, the more I want to know and willing to read more. But then, what stops me?

What can go wrong during this time when I'm really thrilled into deepening my faith? Don't you think I'm just good to go?

Last nite, I went to play this Quiz at one IRC channel, and I found out that I got addicted to it that a few hours passed without me knowing. The greed to get more marks, to climb the chart, and to know more answers to more questions, I ended up wasting so much time. What does it get me in the end? If I manage to get the highest mark, what do I get? Compliments? Applause? I  can name a few more, but none of them actually matter in the end. All which are only temporary and not contributing at all to my well being. It doesn't make me go a step further in my work, not even anything! Just distraction that is there to delay my time so that I will get strayed from my original plan. Don't you guys see that?

This is about us. We are that prone to be careless with our times. Looks like this is just one innocent act of devil who can softly ruin us. We gotta be careful with anything that takes too much of our time from our real responsibility. Any addiction, any obsession. The moment it manages to steal bit by bit of your time, you're nodding to the whisper of the devil. You don't want that to happen, of course...:))

Stop these distractions from making their way further in your life. Distractions, game over!


No comments: