Statcounter

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Spirit Of Jealousy

He was once a very jealous man. He did stupid things because of jealousy. It came a long way and it was still that way when he finally found me. Even I was the once the subject too. Maybe it was not his fault. Maybe that was insecurity. Wait, maybe there's more. Maybe it was because of the nonexistence of faith in God since he was not a Christian before.

Until one day he finally confessed to me that he was dead jealous at one of a man who befriended me. He even had evil thoughts of how he would wish for bad things to happen for the man; when he was unable to control it. Finally he talked to me about it and I said something that actually totally made his jealousy Go Away. Ever since that day, he has never felt jealous anymore. He was surprised too. When I ask him, Are you sure you are not jealous again? He said, Yes, sure. He kept saying, "Our conversation that day made me realize something." Honestly, I forgot what I said that did the magic. I couldn't even remember it!!

Only just now I remembered. I remember telling him, Why are you still jealous when I spent a lot of time with you? The time that I could not possibly spend with another man? And the things that we share and been through, don't you see it that I don't need words to say, but actions speak louder than words. What is left for other man for you to feel jealous after all the time that we have shared together.

He's done his time with jealousy. Of course, after he got baptised, he starts to have a strong relationship with God. It helped him even more to correct his ways. As for me, I have not much issue with jealousy as long as I remember. I thought I was always lucky to have men who never crossed the line. Until recently. I found myself struggling with jealous rage - or maybe I could deny that it was not jealousy. After that I just raised my voice and threw some bad words at him because I was too pissed. I paused and asked myself, What am I doing? What is this? The devil at work or what?

I made too many assumptions that cause me premature heartache - which shouldn't be there at all! He said to me, Can't you see it? The devil wants us to argue and fight! He doesn't like to see us happy. We must come to God for protection. Don't let it ruin us this way. We must call upon the Lord to protect us cast away the evil spirit. 

Oh man was he right. When I looked back at what I did, it was stupid. I couldn't help but agree. I apologized to him and regretted my actions. People, never think that you are too strong for another whisper from the devil. He'll be there during our fragile time. Faith in the Word of God will provide shield. Surrender yourself to God and He will guide your way.

Don't let the spirit of jealousy ruin the paradise that God bless us with. Fight it one by one by the sword of Faith. Jealousy, sorry, you have to go!
   
Thanks for this article that I read that inspired me a lot. You can click the link and read if you too have an issue of jealousy. I believe that God led me to reading this. Alleluia!

No comments: